Testing Deus 2 In Relic Mode, Not A Great Day But Ended Well

Promised I would take the D2 out and try Relic mode, did just that today. Went to a place I have only half heartedly hit and only found some newer relics and 3 war nickels. The place is full of trash, some rather notorious folks live too close to it, and there is a guy who lets his aggressive dogs out. All in all not a great place. Half of it contains an older farmhouse I don't have permission to, and it's pretty much 95 acres of nothing. 🤬20220406_091329.thumb.jpg.2961efcb2f26175fc8137b96c8171400.jpg

I like Relic a lot, the go/no go way it works especially. You get pretty much the same tones for everything, but if you watch the screen for the TID, it's very informative. It has what I consider bugs, the ID doesn't stay long enough, and the audio goes from pretty quiet to full on 85db+ (you do get a warning) from 7 to 8. It will rip your head off. It also seems to go deeper than Deep HC, thanks @palzynski. 👍I have strong eardrums but 8 hours of pounding from this program would be a lot worse than a Styx concert, the loudest band I ever saw. 😀 Twice. 😬

I decided after about 3 hours to leave and go to another field, the last one I got a few really great buttons in. Well, and I've said this before, the D2 is a great machine but I've been there and done that with the Equinox. I had to go where I hadn't been in this field to find anything at all. 😵 I can't be that good, we will see next year when the field is turned. The take today:20220406_201604.thumb.jpg.37315a443b7db885ea8676b304a28c39.jpg

Not much. 🤣 Got a pistol ball, a dog collar tag that I can't show because my wife is remotely related to the owner, a really nice fat British button, and an IHP that is 188 something. 😀

20220406_201526.thumb.jpg.57be70f935aafbaba26bb4c41fe3b2cd.jpg

20220406_201440.thumb.jpg.560663b2af4568aa5665f30e98cce9a0.jpg

So far I've run Deep HC, General, and now Relic. I dug much less trash today (not worth showing) because of the display, please don't tell me I'm missing stuff that 00 TIDs because I only dug one or two and they were iron. 🤗 Everything that didn't generate an ID near the 80s was junk. It's a pretty clean field, but general and Deep HC would have falsed on the iron. Relic rarely did.

Anyway, my point here is to talk about the Relic program, not spectacular finds, and for sure I've wiped this place out for this year anyway.

Good thing I made a little stop on the way to the last field, I visited the guy who catered my wedding about 15 years ago, a really nice guy who all his young life cared for a woman that owned two or 3 fabulous houses and almost 100 acres in a town nearby, definitely an 1800s vintage Southern mansion. The woman was a silent film star, and not only adopted him, she left him the whole thing and enough $$ to turn him into a "country gentleman".

I was shocked to have him offer the entire yards and fields of all his houses with a challenge that I hope soon to write about succeeding in. He only wants that one thing, I can keep everything else. 🥳

Ya just gotta ask! 😀

Button looks like same construction of the civ war buttons. Got a front view on that?

This sounds better then “Lost Gold At Dead Mans Mine” that I quit reading at page 4 so please do continue with the story or this young gentleman’s story in the future. 😄

strick

4 minutes ago, kac said:

Button looks like same construction of the civ war buttons. Got a front view on that?

I'll update this post with a photo tomorrow. Classic flat button with no front marks, same ID as the penny. It's like an early IHP fat.

Back is very similar to  buttons made by CT factory. Might be from them.

2 minutes ago, strick said:

This sounds better then “Lost Gold At Dead Mans Mine” that I quit reading at page 4 so please do continue with the story or this young gentleman’s story in the future. 😄

strick

He's older than me, but yeah the story will get very interesting. It's quite the honor, and I have to be careful how it's related. 🤐 The relics alone should be fun, this place has never been hunted and a lot happened there, just not war or colonial. 😀

1 minute ago, kac said:

Back is very similar to  buttons made by CT factory. Might be from them.

They used "Colour" ? Thought that was a UK thing. 😏

Construction is same as all the civ war buttons I have found. Front dies are different but construction, size etc are same and done by a company in CT. I forget the name. I probably posted some here.

Good hunting again and good luck on your next hunt.

Bob, your finds were really good with the 3 war nickels and the rest but that new permission has me really jealous! Lol.   I am eagerly awaiting all the great stuff that’s going to come out of that place!   Oh, and we must be close in age…never saw Styx, but did see Journey and Rush and others in that era.