First Water Hunt With The Legend

With all this hot weather, I decided it was time for my first water hunt of the year. It turned into a very productive hunt 😉 I was using the  Legeñd with my Blu3 Nemo setup hunting in chest deep water. The first hour and a half was the usual, bottle caps, pull tab and a little bit of clad. All three rings came within 15 minutes. 🙂 . First one was the big silver 925 with a fake stone. A few feet away, I dug another ring, 10k. I swung back over the spot and got a real funky signal. The target was a broken 10k ring. I could not tell you what the signals were in the water because my control pod was underwater. The silver ring rang 46 and the two 10k rings hit at 15-16 on the Legend out of the water. I hunted for another 30 minutes and didn't come up with anything but a couple of pieces of trash.  Running 20Khz due to bad EMI, 2 tones , tone break at 9, sens 24, all metal. Bottle caps were giving a low/high tone, I could tell it was a junk signal, but I dug it anyways just to be sure.

llano 1.jpg

llano 2.jpg

llano 3.jpg

llano 4.jpg

Dan, a great water hunt. It's nice getting in the water when it's hot out and even nicer getting gold & silver too.

9 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Dan, a great water hunt. It's nice getting in the water when it's hot out and even nicer getting gold & silver too.

Thank you, we've been running at 100+ for the last week or so here in central Texas.

I'm surprised EMI was a problem with the coil underwater.

19 minutes ago, JCR said:

I'm surprised EMI was a problem with the coil underwater.

I have the same problem with the Equinox at this spot. There are high transmission lines on either side of the river. Even running a single frequency, I still get some chatter.

• The title was changed to First Water Hunt With The Legend