Another Garrett Axiom Beast Of A Nugget Find

Yes I was able to go BEAST MODE again with the Garrett Axiom.  Interesting that the specimen does not hit as well on many of the other high end detectors.  I find more varieties of gold with the Axiom... but as I said before. If you are happy with your machine so be it.

On a side note.  So funny how a few folks become jerks on social media.  Not sure why, but they (including a few lazy ass dealers) feel it's better to slam me and even say that my finds are fake.  So, if my 4.18 ozt chunk was fake, then I guess these other nice finds I am making are just as fake. 

What most folks don't know is the amount of time and effort I put into trying to find bigger gold.  No it's nothing like what the Aussies find, but its nice in my mind and especially when compared to what most of us in the US do recover.  I've gone days without gold, heck even multiple trips.  You know how many times I video a potential dig to only find a lid to a tobacco tin or sardine can 2 feet deep.  I get into a zombie mode of just keep doing it and recording and sooner or later I'll find something worth my efforts.

Here's a pic of the score on the gold scale and yes I have it set to OZT not OZ.

GerWtRk1Scl1.thumb.jpg.05de40a39a32a2a1d4d4be882dc1fdd3.jpg

Dealers complaining because I'm getting to test some of the higher end gold detectors.  Maybe it's because of my previous 50 yrs of detecting Success.  Maybe it's because of me sharing stories, photos, videos of my customers and my staffs success for the last 25 yrs.  What sets me apart from most dealers is the many relationships I've built in the 25 yrs training customers on their gold detectors.  I've built those relationships over time and trust.  I've handed over $10K chunks of gold and was sick to my stomach, but knew it was the right thing to do.  Those gestures and the deals I make with claim owners have gotten me onto private grounds or claims most will never swing a coil.  Keeping my relationships strong with such owners is not cheap and easy, but I figure it out.  The many years in a variety of gold fields of a bunch of states (not just my back yard) has many miles of travels and early on in the gold chase I did not know what I do today.  The detectors of the 90's do not have the capabilities of today's machines, so old worked ground from then can still produce some decent gold.

So no, most folks/dealers will never be asked to test a new detector as your track record of Success, the amount of positive posts on social media and overall experience has not been built yet. Realize, I've been swinging a detector for 50 years and it's just an extension of my arm.  Will it ever happen for you?  I hope so because eventually I'll tire out and decide to quit promoting and just detect.  I'll become like a few of my customers and just keep digging gold and occasionally grin as I stick more into the bank.

Sorry to rant a little but I get tired of having to justify when I post new nice finds. 

So the Axiom is for real and it's capabilities vs price point are ranking very high on my list.

PS,  Maybe I should try and promote Mean Bean Coffee Energy Drink as well.  It's GOLDEN.

20220731_072524.thumb.jpg.5035bb8f0aa73d2d34adf624ac60d65d.jpg

Hell Gerry I believe in you and so many others on this forum do to . That’s why I buy a detector from a dealer that’s been there and done that . Not someone sitting around with his finger up his butt trying to choke himself to death .Hey it give me great pleasure just to come and dig for you. That make me happier than a new rooster in a hen house. haha

Chuck 

• The title was changed to Another Garrett Axiom Beast Of A Nugget Find
1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Dealers complaining because I'm getting to test some of the higher end gold detectors.

Seriously? I hate whiners. And I am very grateful you agreed to get on board with Axiom. Your input has been very valuable, and the end result will be better for your participation.

Great gold you are getting Gerry, awesome finds. I've been bagging quite a few nuggets myself lately, but will leave that for another thread. The more I use this detector the more I like it, and it's delivering the goods. Which is why I like it! :smile:

2 hours ago, Swegin said:

Will yea. LOL.  No strange quirks or anything?

No, not really. It's just a solid, well behaved machine. Sometimes it seems to get a little unstable, EMI or whatever, quick reset and retune, back to business. I just spent three long days running the machine. Dug a thousand targets, including a pile of nuggets. I really like the audio, very descriptive and well modulated, great for a PI cherry picking of targets in trashy ground. They nailed the telescoping rod design. It is easy to swing, easy to use, and just works.

I guess if I have a genuine complaint it is that the Z-Lynk audio is just not up to snuff for me. Or more accurately, the MS3 headphones are not really working for me. The audio is muffled compared to my Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones, and they only have a single volume control. I have poor hearing in my right ear, so I prefer dual volume controls. The good news is the external speaker has so much excess volume that I really don't need headphones. But for when I do, my preference right now is to plug my Sun Rays into the 1/4" jack.

I did just get the WR1 Z-Lynk receiver box however, and am going to use it with my headphone plugged into it. I suspect it is the speakers in the MS3 that are my issue with lack of clarity, and that plugging my Sun Rays, or some other headphones, like my Bose earbuds, into the WR1 will give me the sharper audio I am after. Or maybe the lack of audio clarity is inherent in Z-Lynk. I doubt that, but will not know until my next outing, when I will be giving that a try. Should only be a few days at most before I report back on that.

The little USB port rubber cover seems to open on it's own while in use at times. I'm not sure what's up with that. Am I getting it up against my body somehow causing it to open? Really minor nit-noid thing, but you asked, and it did/does bug me. But may not be like that in final shipping units either, might just be my prototype. But that's how hard I have to strain to find something to bitch about. :smile:

garrett-wr1-wireless-module.jpg

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

No it's nothing like what the Aussies find, but its nice in my mind and especially when compared to what most of us int he US do find.

Gerry I`m an OZ whose been around awhile and I know to use your words "No it's nothing like what the Aussies find", that is a myth for today. There was some truth last century but then wouldve been so for your country last century. I`ll probably get howled at by some Aussies for daring to say this. Gerry you do miles better than the average gold detector user of OZ.

Since were asking how reliable is the ferro check...50%? I know it depends on target size and depth but I haven’t heard much talk about it’s reliability...

strick