It's A Bobby Dazzler

Skate

Ok, I admit I just wanted to use "bobby dazzler" in a metal detecting sentence. I got out early this morning to hit a beach I hadn't been to for a while and I was met with a fairly significant cut of around 40 inches of sand. It stretched about a hundred yards so I got right into working the area in front of it. I was using my D2 and right at the base of the cut I got a deep sounding squeak with an ID of 67-71. It took two scoops to get it out and there was the bobby dazzler in my scoop, 14k gold. The ring is small (size 4-5) but hit 5.86 grams on the scale and it is heavy to the touch. I got lucky today because this one would likely have been re-buried during the next tidal cycles. We have finally gotten some sand to move so I'm hopeful for more of these in the next few weeks. 

69290721460__BF3916D8-9EE6-4476-AB45-659A76EF0FD8.thumb.jpeg.f3a1fbc4a40a79bb69b22e98fe3150cd.jpeg69291173108__E3AECDFC-B4B2-4B9D-AAB4-E8648542AFC3.thumb.jpeg.865a2a2876dbf7903523fc57725a1630.jpeg

Congrats, that IS a bobby dazzler! 

You just found 5.86 grams more gold then they've found on Oak Island in the past ten years 🏆

18 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Congrats, that IS a bobby dazzler! 

You just found 5.86 grams more gold then they've found on Oak Island in the past ten years 🏆

You just broke the internet!

1 minute ago, rvpopeye said:

Nice ring . 

I'd love to see a cut like that ! 

Did you check the 40" wall too ?

👍

Yes I did. I actually pulled a quarter out of the side of it. When you get a cut like this you just get this giddy all over kind of feeling. Last year I hit one on Silverstrand in Oxnard that was over my head. I was pulling old fishing lures by the dozens out of it. Winter storms are your friend. We just haven't gotten many these past few years. 

Here's a pic of the cut/location from up above. You can see my skid marks all over the sand. You can't tell from the pic but at the far end next to the wall that is a young lady in what can only be described as the skimpiest of one pieces ever manufactured. She must be an influencer/model of some sort because she had a tri-pod set up and she was posing and jumping in front of it for about an hour. I was going to to tell her to knock it off but I decided to be polite and let her continue. 

69290670925__E114D574-CD04-4881-A0B6-7939B14FB571.fullsizerender.thumb.jpeg.e2dc76d5714c3cdd050ac73ae6e99665.jpeg

1 minute ago, midalake said:

The reason you do not have a pic of that??????

I was distracted by the enormity of the situation. Or something like that 😂

What an awesome ring - congrats!!! Could that be like a wax seal ring with its reverse relief?