Unusual Rye Patch Nuggets

I just got back from 5 days out hunting at Rye Patch with a group of friends.  One of our group snagged 18 little dinks with his 2300.  A couple other guys also got one or two.

Luckily, I managed to score the best but they are not your usual Rye Patch nuggets.  The large one has quartz attached.  Out of the hundreds of nuggets I've found out there over the years, I've only seen two others with quartz.  It's very rare.  The other is not heavy, but paper thin.  Again, not your usual pieces from there.  Both were about 10 inches deep and gave faint signals.  No chevrons or any other marks that would distinguish them as unique to Rye Patch.

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

Speaking of Rye patch has anyone looked at the Rye patch Claim for sale in the Classified Adds?  There are some pics of some Chevron style Gold nuggets.  I had found a few nuggets a while back at Rye Patch but never personally saw any Chevron gold.  I know there are some here here that would know how it is formed compared to more traditional nuggets but I don't.  Anyone care to explain how that happens?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Hi Digger,   Wow, it has been a while since I saw you swinging low and slow at the Patch...

I haven't been with my machines for over 3 years now, and I am ready to get out soon...  I keep my batteries charged, discharge them once in a while, but would rather do that out in the field...

With respect to the gold specie, I have only personally known of one guy that came across such, and now I am aware of two.   He found his on a ridge not far from my old camp...  that tells a lot doesn't it??   Actually it was a couple of miles west from my camp, but closer to others campsites...  :ohmy:

Good to know you are up to getting out since your accident a while back... 

Best wishes!!

Gary/ Largo...