First Day With D2 V1 Hits The Good Stuff

You shouldn’t mind the Doctor Flies in the Bahamas then.   😂 

15 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

You shouldn’t mind the Doctor Flies in the Bahamas then.   😂 

Look like horse flies to me, were have plenty of them too. 😵 They're much more painful than deer flies.

Mean little Bastards!

On 5/16/2023 at 8:11 PM, F350Platinum said:

You should have seen me today, long boots with pants stuffed in them and a long sleeve shirt. Wore a mesh bag over my head to keep the deer flies at bay. Poison ivy, ticks and deer flies.

It's better at the beach 😀

And better than sitting at the house!

On 5/17/2023 at 5:43 AM, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Unox!

The Southern Deer Fly is the F-16 of blood sucking insects. We're at peak season for them now, If you're on a steep hill a squadron of them might cause you to take a tumble. 🤬deer-fly.jpg.e8eab47e720a70b17d52c6d661ed7310.jpg

The good news is that the bite only hurts, you can let them bite and since they won't let go at that point they're easy to swat. It doesn't itch afterward, there is no welt. I've never heard of anyone getting a disease from the bite here, but it can happen.

The season for them is mostly May into the first or second week of June. There are stragglers for a while. Too bad they infest the best weather we have here. Best to get out hunting when it's below 70°F.

We have "Buffalo Gnats" here at this time of year. They are very small & come in swarms. Their bite will instantly swell and itch for several hours. They love your ears, elbows, the corner of your eye and anywhere else that is hard to reach to swat. I much prefer plain hungry mosquitoes.  I have a mesh veil hat too!

59 minutes ago, JCR said:

We have "Buffalo Gnats" here at this time of year. They are very small & come in swarms. Their bite will instantly swell and itch for several hours. They love your ears, elbows, the corner of your eye and anywhere else that is hard to reach to swat. I much prefer plain hungry mosquitoes.  I have a mesh veil hat too!

Haha, Black flies. Yup, glad they're not here, but They were rampant where I lived before. Nasty little buggers. 👍