A "holy Grail" In Jewelry Hunting Has Been Achieved!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a short video with coins and a nail in the ground. The resolution isn't that bad, as the coins are easily distinguishable from the elongated object. However, the resolution still needs significant improvement, and the "Processing Data" needs to be done instantaneously as you sweep.

32 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Ακολουθεί ένα σύντομο βίντεο με νομίσματα και ένα καρφί στο έδαφος. Η ανάλυση δεν είναι τόσο κακή, καθώς τα νομίσματα διακρίνονται εύκολα από το επίμηκες αντικείμενο. Ωστόσο, η ανάλυση χρειάζεται ακόμα σημαντική βελτίωση και η "Επεξεργασία δεδομένων" πρέπει να γίνει αμέσως καθώς σκουπίζετε.

what prevents you from understanding with a simple vlf if it is a nail or a coin, you will have to pay 7,000 euros to see on a screen that transmits an image from the sound. imagine being alone and having to dig with all that gear hanging around your neck. This machine is aimed at people with no knowledge, I can't imagine any experienced researcher spending 7000 euro for this detector. it is also advertised to find empty spaces, which is theoretically but practically not the case.

47 minutes ago, Kostas 13 said:

what prevents you from understanding with a simple vlf if it is a nail or a coin, you will have to pay 7,000 euros to see on a screen that transmits an image from the sound. imagine being alone and having to dig with all that gear hanging around your neck. This machine is aimed at people with no knowledge, I can't imagine any experienced researcher spending 7000 euro for this detector. it is also advertised to find empty spaces, which is theoretically but practically not the case.

See my previous post.

Further to that, like just about all electronic products, cost and size comes down with further development.

Here's a good example of that:

Content Marketing and Social Media Marketing Blog

I am not against dig it all, as when I had a hot spot identified, I dug it out clean over time to make it faster to harvest later.   However, anything that can possibly give an edge in high non-ferrous trash sites shouldn't be discouraged.  Can Target Trace tell shape?  Looks to me that it some ability at that.    Can Target Trace show roundness vs angles?  Looks to me that it has some ability at that.   Can Target Trace show density?   Looks to me that it has some ability at that.   But rather than talk it down I'd be more inclined to buy and try and see if it could indeed do what it looks like it might do and then see if it could improve my trash to treasure ratio. 

Who knows, maybe, in the right ground, in the right trash, it might be able to tell treasure from trash pretty reliably.   But you can't tell that from standing on the outside looking in.  Probably a learning curve involved.    Might be a good gold chain hunter if it could be dialed in to solid, tiny hits.   Audio with a TT check?  

HH
Mike

10 minutes ago, Mike_Hillis said:

I am not against dig it all, as when I had a hot spot identified, I dug it out clean over time to make it faster to harvest later.   However, anything that can possibly give an edge in high non-ferrous trash sites shouldn't be discouraged.  Can Target Trace tell shape?  Looks to me that it some ability at that.    Can Target Trace show roundness vs angles?  Looks to me that it has some ability at that.   Can Target Trace show density?   Looks to me that it has some ability at that.   But rather than talk it down I'd be more inclined to buy and try and see if it could indeed do what it looks like it might do and then see if it could improve my trash to treasure ratio. 

No one is talking it down. We're just having a discussion on what TT can or can't do.

TT is an ID plotter with a 5 second decay rate. 

TT presents the ID numbers as dots. TT does not show anything that the ID doesn't. TT just presents the ID numbers differently. If you think TT shows density, shape, or anything else you mentioned, then you must also think that the regular ID numbers do as well.

5 hours ago, Digalicious said:

TT presents the ID numbers as dots. TT does not show anything that the ID doesn't. TT just presents the ID numbers differently. If you think TT shows density, shape, or anything else you mentioned, then you must also think that the regular ID numbers do as well.

Yes I do.  I just can't process them as well as a graph can present them.  Maybe I'll get a Manticore when I return to the hobby as I had been waiting for a visual to go with their new Multi-IQ and see for myself.

Good luck!

HH
Mike

7 hours ago, Digalicious said:

No one is talking it down. We're just having a discussion on what TT can or can't do.

TT is an ID plotter with a 5 second decay rate. 

I have to agree with Mike H in that I also believe that as you phrased it "regular ID numbers do as well".

Regular ID numbers on detectors like your and my Legend tell us something about the target in conjunction with the qualities of the audio response.

For me, using a detector with a visual target ID and multi or full audio tones with some audio modulation of the tones that audibly are able to depict some characteristics of density, shape, size and depth along with possible conductivity, helps me form a mental picture of what a target might be like before I make the dig/no dig decision if I need to make one.

Does that mean for example that the Legend detecting a 4" deep US nickel, 4" deep 14K medium size gold ring, a 4" deep piece of irregularly shaped aluminum can slaw and a 4" deep deformed lead .380 acp. bullet that all have a target ID of 26 will actually have the same audio response? No, they will probably not have the exact same audio response so they must not really have exactly the same numerical target ID if we were shown the target ID as a whole number but also with decimals. 

Personally, I believe that the Manticore is showing a much more granular level of audio and numerical information translated onto a 2D representation than simply "TT does not show anything that the ID doesn't". If that phrase had been "TT does not show anything that the whole number ID and the audio response doesn't", that statement would have been one that I could agree with.

And, you can see two or three tight passes from different directions and the differences between them all at once.  As well as iron probability.  The diagonal direction of the smears have some meaning and I'm finding it easier to interpret that on the graph than with my ears.

For me, ID's on interrogation passes do indeed convey some clues as to size, shape, density.  But the TT makes it easier for me to process all that information.

I wasn't too enthusiastic about TT before I got it.  But I really like it now that I've used it a lot.

- Dave