Deep .63 G Nugget With Gpx6000

I took a good friend to The Dragon's Lair to teach him how to find gold with his brand new GPX6000 and within an hour he had found his first nugget with it. He is excited to find more and we are exploring a new area close to one of mine and GoldRyder's claim. After I got him lined out on hunting with the 6000, I reworked my patch that has given up hundreds of nuggets and just pulled one tiny piece of gold out. I couldn't pull anymore gold out when I was getting ready to leave, so I focused heavily on very faint iffy signals that did not repeat, and pulled out some iron tiny trash. I got a non repeatable signal and scraped a thin layer back and heard a soft faint whisper repeating. I ended up digging a .63 of a gram nugget out shaped like a heart. It was about 14" deep maybe a little more. Damn this 6000 is impressive. I got it all on video and it will go up in about a month. I have the depth marked into my pick handle and will measure it soon. What a fine and impressive machine. Hats off to Minelab! 

IMG_20230624_184321627_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230624_184151589.jpg

IMG_20230624_184251255.jpg

IMG_20230624_184137239.jpg

Very nice find and I bet it was some hard work in that soil.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

The depth of this nugget was 14.5".

• 2 weeks later...

Reese- I am curious as to your preference of using headphones, a external Bluetooth speaker (torus, etc), or just the stock built in one?  And what were you using when you found the heart nugget?  Nice find!

To,, lolGotAU, I was using the Avantree Torus and had the earbuds in. Very smooth and I heard just one direction spike through the threshold when I first heard the signal. It was not repeatable. 

Reese, this is a totally impressive find for both your skills and the GPX 6000.

The MineLab chart at 14.5” deep (about 368mm) shows the GPZ 7000 with the stock 14” coil (using LM-HY/N) getting a 1.9 gram nugget. Your nugget is one third the size found at the same depth. The GPX 6000 is a great machine. 

image.thumb.png.670912b368180a937a8411fe27eec9c5.png

A lot comes down to the operator too & conditions on the day. Some days the stars, moon & the universe all come into line. That doesn't happen very often & you just need to be in the right place at the right time. The universe works in mysterious ways & sometimes just for a select few. That may explain why a few seem to get quite a bit more gold than others. 

D4G 

On 6/26/2023 at 12:29 PM, Goldseeker5000 said:

shaped like a heart

It confirms that gold loves the 6000/NF12x7..😍...Great job Reese!

GC

4 hours ago, dig4gold said:

A lot comes down to the operator too & conditions on the day. Some days the stars, moon & the universe all come into line. That doesn't happen very often & you just need to be in the right place at the right time. The universe works in mysterious ways & sometimes just for a select few. That may explain why a few seem to get quite a bit more gold than others. 

D4G 

Reese Is a gold detecting wizard no doubt.