A Swing And A Home Run, First Ring Retrieval

Been camping at the beach this week, I found I'm the only detectorist hitting this place. Not getting a heck of a lot of incredible stuff, but I had a great thing happen today I thought I'd share.

I was out on the morning grind, it's hot and humid here, days hitting 92 and 70-80% humidity. I'm taking a couple showers a day and going through a lot of clothes. 🥵

I'm doing about 2 miles of Beach, I'll reveal the location in my recap.

I was detecting the upper beach and saw a woman running toward me gesturing to get my attention. I walked up to her and she explained she was up all night looking for her daughter's ring that she lost in the sand yesterday, a gift for her 16th birthday. She said she was even thinking about going to Harbor Freight and buying a detector!

She had called ring finders but didn't think the $50 minimum would be worth a disappointment as they had been looking all last evening and overnight, so she wondered if I would help her. 

I had my D2 with 13" coil and my excellent new program fired up, this program hit my own gold ring at over 8" buried in wet sand at the surf line with no variation in TID. Damn thing is a 64, so I'm glad pull tabs sound worse than the ring does. 🤣 Y'all will see how I did when I post, trash to finds is off the charts. I love V1.1.

She showed me where to look, unfortunately a woman was out there setting up for the day with a Beach sail and a bunch of chairs, but she said we could look and move anything we wanted to.

Well it didn't take more than a minute or two to make one happy lady. Right next to one of the chairs I got an 81, instead of scooping I used my composite trowel and out popped the ring. The 13" nailed it even with the metal chair there. 😀20230720_083608.thumb.jpg.ce5033fc3277cbeb647d8b4b2839dd5c.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was .925 with a man made ruby, but it could have been gold, she did say it was an heirloom. Asked the woman if it was ok to take her pic since it was my first retrieval, and she said sure!20230720_083614.thumb.jpg.dfda1ee2b7b5c958882248e7c4812979.jpg

After giving me a huge hug, sweaty as I was, she said wait and she'd go get me a reward. I said "absolutely not, why don't you buy the woman who let us search around her stuff something". 🙂

You can see the sand on her legs, poor woman was desperate. I was glad to help. She ran off to tell her daughter.

Another happy "customer"!😁💍 The "luck"🍀 was in approaching the right person to find it! You were "placed"😇 at the right time to help her out! May "rewards"🏆 in whatever form, find you!👏🎉👍👍

Nice going 350.Just finding it and returning it and seeing someone so happy is always reward enough that's first class.

6 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Love return post!!!👍

Thanks Cuniagau, I meet the father later today, he wanted to thank me. This was my first retrieval, so it's kinda special. 🙂

4 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Outstanding job soldier!!!!

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks Colonel,

Really nice family, I am glad I got to promote the hobby. 🙂 Ring finders wanted to know who I was 😀