I just got this machine , and Love it , I take it out to look for gold rings in the park, I am amazed at how good it is ,  its very light weight,  it has 3 search modes by using the toggle switch , the all metal in the middle,  the all metal can find bread ties like a champ , It also has the disc mode like the compadre but starts out discing iron .  I dont use it so much because if a light foil is disced out you will not hear a coin under the foil  , or a ring , but its the tone mode that is the cats meow,  in tone mode if you have a small foil on the surface or over a good target  you will see thru that small foil and hit the target, Kinda like my 1600.00$ tarsacci,  I think the 6.6khz is making it do this , but it makes smooth tones, the toggle is very smooth, and it ignors iron very well and small junk foils , and it pinpoints spot on , I feel like I am using a 1000.00 machine , I have to say I really like it .pictures are of my last hunt in a park , I was using tone mode and had the tone dial set just back from 9  oclock, so most things where high tones, the iron you see i dug in all metal , save the bottle cap ,

20210104_053646.jpg

20210104_053728.jpg

20210104_054329.jpg

• Like 4

It's surprising how small the gap can be between low and high end detectors in the right situations.  I think many that snub low end detectors have never used them.  I'm glad you're enjoying your Bounty Hunter and bringing home the goods with it.

• Like 1

The beauty of concentric coils…….target ID is generally superior to any DD coil at any price point. In heavy mineralised ground then the DD may be a better option. 

• Like 1

This was my first detector - I got as a gift and didn’t really take it serious but also made enough finds with it that It became my biggest hobby. I wonder if the slew of cheap Chinese look alikes with kooky names actually work or just frustrate you out of a hobby? 

• Like 1

It's actually the coil that unmasks a higher conductor out from a lower conductor. I have 2 machines that can reveal a trime 6" below an old iron nail. Old BH 505 and my Tejon with 8x9 concentric.

Nice job getting rid of those pull tabs for the other guys :)

• Like 2

just found this today using the bounty hunter Tracker 4 , its 1st good find  a 925 chain, this is now number two but the other was found by sight wile detecting 

found another Italy 925 necklace and its marked in three places, and this time it was not visible, but buried 2" deep and my bounty hunter Tracker 4 hit this good, Probly because the khz is set at 6.6khz a good silver frequency so it does not take a 1600.00 metal detector to find some good finds, even a 130,00$ detector can find some real good things. I was using its tone mode,with the dial just left of 9 ocklock dang nice detector for the price

Attachments

20210107_094415.jpg

20210107_094425.jpg

• Like 2

You don't always need a hi-tech expensive depth machine to locate shallow good targets.

Bet it was more fun to use.

• Like 2

I find myself second guessing targets with VDI machines more than analog. VDI are nice for coin shooting but for relic hunting I hunt more by size, depth and threshold break to get an idea of the target. Of course hunting mid and low conductors in in high trash areas can be a daunting task with analog machines.

• Like 1