This is just a comparison of selectable single frequencies and simultaneous multi frequency choices available between the X-Terra Pro and the Legend.

Minelab X-Terra Pro selectable single frequencies are 5 kHz, 8 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHz using 3 different search modes-Park, Field and Beach. No simultaneous multi frequency.

Nokta Legend has selectable single frequencies of 4 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz and 40 kHz. Those frequencies are available in Park and Field search modes. 20 kHz and 40 kHz are available in Gold Field prospecting search mode.  Nokta Legend has three different simultaneous multi frequency modes in Park and Field. It has two different simultaneous multi frequency modes for dry and wet saltwater beaches. It has one simultaneous multi frequency mode for Gold Field prospecting.

There are some similar audio features on both detectors. However, the Legend has many settings adjustments and some features that the X-Terra Pro does not have.

Base model X Terra Pro is available from many retailers for $270 which does not include proprietary wireless headphones which have to be purchased separately (at least $100 when available from Minelab), or third party water proof wired headphones which need to have the proprietary waterproof screw on connector (at least $100). There are many aftermarket 2.4 gHz wireless headphones with 1/8" plug wired transmitter that will work with the X-Terra Pro and should be $100 or less.

Right now, NW Detectors claims to be selling the newest version of the Legend with wireless headphones, upgraded shaft system and lighter LG30 search coil for $499.

• Like 5

Don’t know if you made your purchase yet as your last post shows one hour old. These are now being sold for $259.99 shipped plus 25% off for first purchase.  Don’t know if we are allowed to link to other sites. If Steve says ok I will link it or you can pm me. I purchased one and have my order acknowledgment. . 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Don’t know if you made your purchase yet as your last post shows one hour old. These are now being sold for $259.99 shipped plus 25% off for first purchase.  Don’t know if we are allowed to link to other sites. If Steve says ok I will link it or you can pm me. I purchased one and have my order acknowledgment. . 

Same here. A deal that can't be beat...

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:10 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

This is just a comparison of selectable single frequencies and simultaneous multi frequency choices available between the X-Terra Pro and the Legend.

Minelab X-Terra Pro selectable single frequencies are 5 kHz, 8 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHz using 3 different search modes-Park, Field and Beach. No simultaneous multi frequency.

Nokta Legend has selectable single frequencies of 4 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz and 40 kHz. Those frequencies are available in Park and Field search modes. 20 kHz and 40 kHz are available in Gold Field prospecting search mode.  Nokta Legend has three different simultaneous multi frequency modes in Park and Field. It has two different simultaneous multi frequency modes for dry and wet saltwater beaches. It has one simultaneous multi frequency mode for Gold Field prospecting.

There are some similar audio features on both detectors. However, the Legend has many settings adjustments and some features that the X-Terra Pro does not have.

Base model X Terra Pro is available from many retailers for $270 which does not include proprietary wireless headphones which have to be purchased separately (at least $100 when available from Minelab), or third party water proof wired headphones which need to have the proprietary waterproof screw on connector (at least $100). There are many aftermarket 2.4 gHz wireless headphones with 1/8" plug wired transmitter that will work with the X-Terra Pro and should be $100 or less.

Right now, NW Detectors claims to be selling the newest version of the Legend with wireless headphones, upgraded shaft system and lighter LG30 search coil for $499.

Jeff I was hoping to purchase on at that great price that you mentioned.  I Checked out the Northwest Detectors website today and it lists the $499 Legend offer as the old Legend model closeout deal.. Here is how it is written now. 

Nokta Legend WHP Metal Detector OLD MODEL CLOSEOUT PRICE! 

$749.00 old price

Current price$499.00
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason-NEK said:

Jeff I was hoping to purchase on at that great price that you mentioned.  I Checked out the Northwest Detectors website today and it lists the $499 Legend offer as the old Legend model closeout deal.. Here is how it is written now. 

$749.00 old price

Current price$499.00

That’s why I wrote “Claims”.  Glad you checked it out to make certain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason-NEK said:

$749.00 old price

Current price$499.00

Still strikes me as a great deal!

Having the upgraded mid-shaft/cuff doesn't really make much a difference weight-wise (at least to me), and I'm perfectly fine w/the original LG28 11" round stock coil. As long as one makes sure to connect the machine to a computer and update to v1.11 right off the bat, it's just as good as the top-of-the-line upgraded model, in my opinion.

• Like 2