Deus 2 Coiled Antenna Modification

Carolina

22 minutes ago, midalake said:

Thanks Chase, I am going to plug in directly alright. However it will be with my Black Widows or a pair of Eisenhower's...........  

I bought a ip 68 connector and cord for my pro golds. Not a big fan of wireless but do have a set of Quest phones for the WS6.. I stand corrected on the 11” coil. I also moded my antenna wire thru the shaft. I coiled it similar to the CTX so I can open and close for transport. I also have a CF straight shaft on the way. We shall see how that works out.

7D3EDDC0-4425-4CCB-B96D-D21521BCE4F7.jpeg

4295DD89-BBD3-4CFB-B6AB-02BB56696F1C.jpeg

7A18F603-9081-4375-AD1C-77036F346A0D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

I bought a ip 68 connector and cord for my pro golds. Not a big fan of wireless

VERY NICE work!!!  Like the rubber grommet on top. Do you have a rubber grommet on the bottom too? 

Can you share where you got the ip68 at???  Tony said there are supply issues.  

2 hours ago, midalake said:

VERY NICE work!!!  Like the rubber grommet on top. Do you have a rubber grommet on the bottom too? 

Can you share where you got the ip68 at???  Tony said there are supply issues.  Thank you DigiKey Electronics. Stock opening of shaft needs no grommet.

1 minute ago, Carolina said:
2 hours ago, midalake said:

Can you share where you got the ip68 at???  Tony said there are supply issues.  Thank you DigiKey Electronics. Stock opening of shaft needs no grommet.

Coiled antenna wire.

3F5F3140-F403-4E48-9675-BD0B1320214F.jpeg

12 hours ago, Carolina said:

We shall see how that works out

Nice and clean setup..

I'm waiting for a straight shaft too, so for now I'll keep the original one like it is to avoid it soon as I can...

For water and underwater use, I tested this morning  with success the beach P11 with minor tweaks.

Even if salt sensitivity was the right proposed factor to tune, I soon realized that higher reactivity up to 2.5 is mandatory to don't get crazy among noise.

With 95 general sens., 9 salt sens. and 5.9 disc I was fine with it.

Beach Sensitive in the water is just unusable, neither Beach P, unluckily.

14 hours ago, Welwood470 said:

Just curious, what did you use to coil the antenna wire? Looks like maybe a wooden dowel? 

It is a small wooden dowel. You must heat the antenna with a heat gun ( like pvc heat gun or Wagner paint stripper ) not sure if a hair dryer will work. Being careful not to burn. Heat wire and then place in freezer for 15 min. Repeat this 3 times total. Then remove from dowel.

6 minutes ago, Carolina said:

It is a small wooden dowel. You must heat the antenna with a heat gun ( like pvc heat gun or Wagner paint stripper ) not sure if a hair dryer will work.

Thanks Carolina, my D2 will be in next week. Looks like  a good plan to me.    

Made these MSA left/RIGHT phones for my friend John. Dang muffs nearly doubled in price from several years ago.

6E95E47F-C1D6-40CE-B535-23EFC5F66411.jpeg