3d Time Is A Charm! Water Hunt 3

• The title was changed to 3d Time Is A Charm! Water Hunt 3

1 minute ago, Dan(NM) said:

Nice job on the recover of the charm, it saved the day, congrats!!

Thanks Dan,

Wasn't going to post this until I discovered I did better than I expected to. 😀 the last digs were 5 of the 8 dimes in one rocky spot, then my 9" coil gave up, apparently it wasn't fully charged. Scoop kept bouncing off the rocks.

I'm just really starting water hunting, something to do until my relic fields are done. This is more a chronicle for those who may be on the fence about trying this, but I can see now that if you really want the goods they are in the water. 🤔 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Dan,

Wasn't going to post this until I discovered I did better than I expected to. 😀 the last digs were 5 of the 8 dimes in one rocky spot, then my 9" coil gave up, apparently it wasn't fully charged. Scoop kept bouncing off the rocks.

I'm just really starting water hunting, something to do until my relic fields are done. This is more a chronicle for those who may be on the fence about trying this, but I can see now that if you really want the goods they are in the water. 🤔 

I've been hunting around the rivers and lake since I moved back to Texas in 2019 and have done extremely well  in the jewelry dept. The water levels have been dropping ever since and I do occasionally get into the water.  The swimming areas have been exposed and I hunt the dry beaches and use my pick to scrape the sand away. Very few targets are deep because of a layer of clay just under the surface. I took 106 rings in 1 season from 3 swimming spots in 2020  🙂

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 2

3 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

I took 106 rings in 1 season from 3 swimming spots in 2020

Yikes! That is awesome. 👍 you are one of the few I admire for your spots and your skill.

I'm just starting to get the hang of it, at least I got a ring today too. I'll be happy to get a couple more gold ones before it's too cold to do it. 🙂 Got a new relic permission yesterday, but it's not completely clear yet.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yikes! That is awesome. 👍 you are one of the few I admire for your spots and your skill.

I'm just starting to get the hang of it, at least I got a ring today too. I'll be happy to get a couple more gold ones before it's too cold to do it. 🙂 Got a new relic permission yesterday, but it's not completely clear yet.

I was strictly a dirt guy until I started pulling gold and silver jewelry from around the watering holes, I'm hooked lol.   I used to only chase copper and silver coins, now I'm digging every piece of junk known to mankind 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a NIce save! You have really Bloomed with the D2!! 

I almost went out today, tides were low..but the winds were brutal!

Thanks Joe OBN,

I almost went home 🤣 The waders I have are heavy and the warm(er) water kept my feet from going, but the wind tore my hands up. I wear black gloves so the sun can warm them, but when wet they merely cool.

I am ever impressed by the experience of people on this forum, and appreciate the advice and attention of my mentors more than they realize.

The Deus 2 is a great detector, but it's more the decision to get the coil over the good stuff. Risk has its rewards. 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks Colonel,

Had to change tactics, I'm learning about winds and tides. I was hoping the NW wind would flatten the river with the tide going out, but like the last time it was blowing like that, I was confined to shore. This time I thought of the other beach, it was an hour trip to get there and I didn't want to waste it. 🙂

The whole point of these forays is to get in the water. It's not worth hunting the beach at all.

• Like 3