3d Time Is A Charm! Water Hunt 3

Another hunt with some nice finds again, but you still haven't recovered a car yet.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

6 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well I'm glad to see the sun came out for you, F350! 😎

Well done again and congrats on the silver!

Thanks Cap'n,

It came out for good just before my coil died. 😀 Got a chance to warm up some getting all those dimes. 89 after 89. 😎

Noticed that copper memorials ID higher than clad dimes now.

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another hunt with some nice finds again, but you still haven't recovered a car yet.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

I guess with all those jellyfish the kiddies don't drive 'em into the surf 🤔

Thanks VL, it was a tough day but I'm better for it. Glad I can still do this stuff.

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Nice one 350 !

But MANNNN that first pic looked BRUTAL !😵

Extra points for getting out of the car !

I don't think you really need more advice......🖖

Thanks RVP,

I tried to make it look worse but the wind was ripping through where I took the pic. 🤣 Hadn't put the warm stuff on, so that photo is zoomed from the parking lot. 😁

3 foot waves aren't much for the intrepid, but add 42 degrees, a current, and 20mph winds and you think twice.

I've tried getting to the trough on warm days on Atlantic beaches with 3-5 foot waves, but it's like getting mugged. Don't know how the water hunters do it. 🤔

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks RVP,

I tried to make it look worse but the wind was ripping through where I took the pic. 🤣 Hadn't put the warm stuff on, so that photo is zoomed from the parking lot. 😁

3 foot waves aren't much for the intrepid, but add 42 degrees, a current, and 20mph winds and you think twice.

I've tried getting to the trough on warm days on Atlantic beaches with 3-5 foot waves, but it's like getting mugged. Don't know how the water hunters do it. 🤔

Yeah ,  Bobbing for Dollars !  

But look at what is out there ! JoeOBN  bobbed a little too much that one time but he's still doing it . Remember that Jethro cereal bowl of rings pic ?

Worth doing it IMO . I have some "black neoprene seal costume "  but that dry suit is the BALLS !  GO JOE !

Calm water is a major plus without a doubt.  Not to mention the warm wash those southern beaches have.  Neither of which are seen much uptah camp.

I remember the first time I wore my 18" rubber boots beach detecting and a small wave broke about 25' from me so only wash hit me , maybe only 4-5 inches worth.No problemo , right?  Wellll , It went right up the side of that 18" in a flash like spiderman  and cooled my feet down really good ! It was March ..🥶

Had wool socks on though so kept swingin' yup yup. 😎 OOOie ! 

On 11/1/2023 at 8:12 PM, Dan(NM) said:

I was strictly a dirt guy until I started pulling gold and silver jewelry from around the watering holes, I'm hooked lol.   I used to only chase copper and silver coins, now........... I'm digging every piece of junk known to mankind 🙂

NOW I'm digging every piece of junk known to mankind .........That is Funny!!

Same happened to me as far as water n dirt..hunted the land for a year, got a excalibur ..took me 3 month to find gold but after that I wanted nothing to do with hunting the dirt.

On 11/2/2023 at 2:58 AM, F350Platinum said:

I'm learning about winds and tides

It reminds me of the early days when I traveled hundreds of kilometers in search of spots.
Until the day I began to check wave energy before wasting time and fuel.
I finally began to understand that it is not so much the direction of the wind but the impact it has on the motion.
Today I prepare my equipment two days in advance only if I read KJ 0/1/2 , otherwise it is a gamble to get into the water.
Once I was diving in shallow water with KJ10 and almost destroyed a brand new Excalibur.After twenty minutes dragged back and forth like a piece of styrofoam on the bottom, I went away shocked.