On 11/19/2023 at 11:41 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

You seem pretty convinced a new Z is on the way Gerry. You know something we don’t? :smile:

I seriously have no clue when a new detector will come out.  I just look at the previous track record and how they release detectors to get an average.  The ZED is 9 yrs old and only their 1st with ZVT.  So knowing them, something is being worked on and it's just a matter of time before leaks come out.

Yes, the Annual report news does not mention anything for 2024 (which is practically here), but you/I and most others know it's just a matter of time and a leak of good news will start to trickle.

Heck, just the update of the price increase for the GPZ-7000, could cause some to think "Buy Now" and dealers to "Stock Up".  This might be exactly what the brainchild of Minelab is betting on (clear the warehouse), then the leaks of the 2nd high end detector with ZVT starts.

I really don't have any clue though.

I do like seeing Lunks results and that of JP's response, which not many have figured out.

On a side note, the GPX-5000 has similar capabilities for those who take the time to learn it.

• Like 8

On 11/19/2023 at 12:08 PM, Jonathan Porter said:

Bigger coil equals more EMI and more Conductive signals with more outright depth but less sensitivity (The GPZ19 has a depth advantage from about 1 gram and up relative to the ground conditions and timings used). Conductive signals kill depth. Xtra deep handles conductive signals better thanks to the longer delay.

Conductive signals tend to be fast time constant so Xtra Deep will not be good on porous gold or specimen gold which lose their energy really quickly. Solid chunky gold hold onto their energy a lot longer. A larger coil has a greater receive area so will have greater depth and less sensitivity due to less wind’s to get the inductance right this also helps with ground noise. The nuggets pictured are solid and dense, perfect for the longer delay of Xtra Deep to help mitigate the conductive signals. 

Very impressed with the energy and effort you put into your field work Lunk. 👍 

JP

Thanks for the insights JP, and welcome back. Please don't make it another year....😁

GC

• Like 4