Another Surprise In The Land Of Scarce Signals...

After the usual three days of weather observation and skipping scouting to confirm bottom conditions, this morning a window of about 3 hours presented itself before new wave energy made the spot where I thought I was done in October impassable...
The few remaining signals, are items I have not picked up due to the lack of a net bag, but whenever I find myself on a target I know, I am able at that point to isolate areas where I have already passed in other previous sessions.
That said, the day started badly with leaks at the 'air regulator and missing pressure in the tank.
I manage to hold the bottom for just 45 minutes and am forced out on emergency for low air.
I reach the car by traveling about 400meters with the harness and ballast on and change the cylinder.
At that point I screw the first stage back on and open the 'air tap on the new cylinder and hear the unmistakable venting between the tap and the first stage.
I unscrew again and notice that the O-ring has blown out.
I find it intact on the ground and reassemble correctly.
After all the time wasted, I wonder at that point if I should leave the beach, since no interesting targets have come to light and I think I finished already in this spot some time ago.
I decide to persevere and although I don't feel like walking with all that weight, I return to shore and dive.
A strong current pushed me to the side just before I went out to change my tank, and this time I follow it, letting it carry me slowly toward deeper water.
At that point a signal among the 40 draws my attention and a moment later I find this unusual ring in my hands....
Lesson of the day?
Insistence can pay off even when it seems over....

IMG_20231205_130322.jpg

That's an odd looking ring. Nice find. I almost want to make it into a tiny watch 😄

Nice find and congratulations for not giving up when things got bad.

Nice ring! I once found a similar formed one - but turned out to be stainless.

With all that effort, everbody who finds a ring in the water, really deserves it!

2 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Nice ring! I once found a similar formed one - but turned out to be stainless.

With all that effort, everbody who finds a ring in the water, really deserves it!

Luckily 18k otherwise an hard shot for the soul🥲

Very sweet gold - congrats!!! It's awesome that your success was due to both your persistence and the current taking you to that spot. Fortune favors the bold.