Searching Worldwide For A Coil For TDI SL

Roger

In the UK there are about half a dozen or so major retailers dealing in new and second hand metal detecting equipment so finding some items here are very difficult or impossible to find. There are no gold fields, so PI defectors are at a minimum and restricted to a few that work on beaches and do not cost the earth; for example the Cscope CS4PI is popular. I have seen 2 original Eric Fosters in use on beaches too; a rare event these days. A few used less expensive Whites PIs occur for sale from time to time on Ebay or Facebook.

Previously I have bought new from the USA and have had to put up with and accept massive import duties and VAT on top of carriage costs. Wanting to acquire different coils for the Whites TDI SL I am looking to have help please with suggestions of retail outlets possibly in USA, Australia or less likely Europe.

I am sorry, this is already long winded. I have only just joined the site but been a lurker for years and think its a brilliant site and have gained much knowledge from it. So, as I cannot use the classifieds yet, my only option today is to ask for suggestions of shops/stores that may have for sale a coil that will suit detecting on our UK beaches; there is no mineralisation to cause concern.

From what I have gleaned, maybe one of these will be an alternative for the standard 12” Dual Field and maybe be a bit better? I do not mind new or second hand as some are I think out of production. They are not in desirability order, but I do not mind comments too in regards a no no or yes yes.

Digger 14”x8” Jimmy Scierra by Miner John or Dan Geyer version.

Razorback Beach Hog/Longreach.

Detech 15”x10” Mono.

Nuggeteer 18”x6” Minelab mono series.

Jimmy Scierra T-Foot 5.5”x18”.

Nugget Finder 14”x9” or 14”x7”.

Ground coverage has a part to play as some of my local beaches are 7 to 9 miles long and shallow, so the tide can go out from dunes on a big tide a mile or more. Lots of beaches from top to low are a quarter mile plus on average.

Thanks in great anticipation. And I do not mind at all receiving PMs.

Thank you and Regards,

Roger

Evening are you looking for a PI coil for a TDI correct i may have something somewhere i m in the UK

RR

• Like 1

Staffs Detectors is a good option,me personally use Minelab GPX coils on my machine as you can use them straight out the box infact most of my 10 coils or so are GPX ones and can be used without any modification......Detech are pretty good and also Coiltek.

Apart from the stock coil and 2 aftermarket TDI coils all mine are GPX coils as you have a much wider selection.

• Like 1

Great info thanks guys.  Ive been  looking for something for my TDI Pro and Carl at Geotech did recommend something from Coiltek for the GPZ. I've actually got an  enquiry up  there under "Coils" to see what else pops  up.

cjc

Detech coils should be easy to come by being made in Bulgaria, look to Ebay, shipping should be better than trying to get a Coiltek or Nugget Finder from Australia.  Detech also make awesome GPX coils.

This place in UK has a few GPX coils in stock from Minelab and from Detech, they even have the Detech 15" Ultimate DD spiral, I always wanted that coil and never got around to getting it.

COILS (staffsmetaldetectorsonlineshop.co.uk)

The best place is likely Detech Direct which ship to UK, they're in Bulgaria.  I've bought from them before.

Professional Metal Detecting Equipment For Sale (detechdetect.com)

Thank you for your suggestion Steve; that is one I would really like.  But I doubt there will be one for sale in the UK, or any of the ones I have listed, hence my search here.

I do not mind emailing retailers/shops/stores anywhere in the world to ask if they have a coil/loop in stock and are happy to ship to the UK; all I need is some leads=name of websites.  I also appreciate, that the Razorbacks, MJ etc are 99% likely to be secondhand and used.  That's fine by me.

When I ask about the Nugget Finder 14"x9" Mono, is there only one with that dimension?

Regards,

Roger

phrunt:

I have had an email from Detech earlier this year (mentioned elsewhere on this site) and it states they no longer ship to the UK.

Coikltek coils are somewhat suspicious in regards water.....most are not waterproof, only water resistent.  Not good on wet beaches in UK where it rains most of time.