What Pinpointer Do You Use?

Garrett Carrott here too. I find it pretty useful for nugget shooting on deep targets. The GPZ has such a big coil that it will find stuff deep, but it gets hard to pinpoint with. I break out my Garrett Carrot then find what's in the hole a lot faster and easier. Also helps me recover the target without damaging it. If it's close enough that the pinpointer detects it I usually grab a stick and start carefully scraping the dirt away. 

17 hours ago, usaflaginmaine said:

Wrapped in tinfoil?!

I know, it sounds weird.  I carry my pinpointer on my left hip and when I swing the 7000 to the left, the coil picks up the pinpointer.  So by wrapping the coil portion of the pinpointer in AL Foil, it blocks the 7000 from picking it up.  Here is a video from Woody demonstrating this.  It was more noticeable on the 5000 than the 7000.

3 hours ago, Nevada Brian said:

I know, it sounds weird.  I carry my pinpointer on my left hip and when I swing the 7000 to the left, the coil picks up the pinpointer.  So by wrapping the coil portion of the pinpointer in AL Foil, it blocks the 7000 from picking it up.  Here is a video from Woody demonstrating this.  It was more noticeable on the 5000 than the 7000.

I just tested my Garrett on my Tdi and I am actually shocked at how much interference there is.

I have the TRX, don`t use it for gold only coins. Use no sound, just vibrate, leave it at high sensitivity and desensitise (with button push) on each target. Doing this tells me if the target is coin size or larger same ID junk, thus stopping the problem of making a messy hole on park lawns. Like its feature of being able to use AAs or 9v too. A time saving tool, wouldn`t coin shoot without one.

6 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

Great! Now we need foil condoms for our pinpointers. Well I guess we should be practicing safe detecting.

Well it only makes sense that that our pin pointers matches our tin foil hats!