Website Back In Time ×

AlgoForce E1500

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am shocked, stunned, and amazed that everyone seems to be skating past that this machine is offering the first true 0-99 conductive target discrimination ever offered in a real PI.

Certainly not me, that was a point of great excitement ?  The coin, jewellery and relic hunters in the US that use PI's should be super excited about that.  The other thing is it's reported to be a stable target ID.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Certainly not me, that was a point of great excitement ?  The coin, jewellery and relic hunters in the US that use PI's should be super excited about that.  The other thing is it's reported to be a stable target ID.

Read that article I just posted - I am getting one asap, love it, right up my alley, going to have fun with this one for sure!! Go FCC go!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am shocked, stunned, and amazed that everyone seems to be skating past that this machine is offering the first true 0-99 conductive target discrimination ever offered in a real PI.

I was literally just typing this same thing - just saw this new detector and finished reading this post. I'm buying one the minute it's available in the US for this alone. Not only true target ID, but it says it works in heavily mineralized conditions too. Something that bears testing. But this for $1500, definitely worth testing it out.

I'm also curious about the coil calibration, I just finished reading the manual and it seems to auto calibrate each coil. Which makes me wonder if that gives leeway to coil designers to go a bit outside of the box in terms of design parameters? No clue. Maybe it's just to optimize for slight variations in each coil?

The ambient noise feature is also interesting too. It allows you to still hear outside noises with headphones on. Which is always my major safety concern that causes me to avoid headphones - rock falls, bears, rattlesnakes, etc.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Really curious to see how the ID will work with PI (and mono coil). From what I understand, challenging proposal to get this right in principle, especially with gold nuggets. But if they solved the problem, then they will have an edge over every ML machine.

GC

6 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I don't like no DD coils or a Cancel feature.

Just curious. If mono in general detects better than DD, and if you can get discrimination with a mono coil, what is it that a person needs a heavier DD coil for?

algoforce-e1500-detector.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am shocked, stunned, and amazed that everyone seems to be skating past that this machine is offering the first true 0-99 conductive target id ever offered in a real PI.

Funny how everyone posts this at the same time. I remember mention of it but once I read the manual a light bulb went off in my head and I was like, Wow! This machine should be killer at the beach and relic hunting. The fact that it works well on coils up to 14X9 mono's makes it really attractive as well.

• Like 2

When I first read this I assumed the TID was accomplished through kicking into a VLF mode when you press the pinpoint button. But since they are just mono coils, that seems impossible too. So this must be some brand new PI-based conductive discrim then? Interesting. 

Am I missing something or is there apparantly no patent on this discrim method? Or maybe the patent just isn't public yet? If not, that means Minelab probably already knew how to do this too but didn't put it into detectors (yet)? No clue.

A lot to unwrap with this one. Glad Simon is getting one soon as I expect he'll be going deep into the weeds testing stuff out. ? ?

• Like 3