Some Things To Take Note Of With The Algoforce

I used to put heat shrink over the cable and shaft with my favourite coils. Permanent solution,  but I had plenty of lower shafts back then. 

Now with only the 1 lower shaft for my 6000 and 1 for the E15000 something more temporary is needed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

I've got to track down some of them USB plugs for the unused ports on the power bank. 

I included a link to buy them in the post, just click on THIS, if you need USB C or any other USB ones just do a search, they're really cheap.  Perhaps it's something that could be included in the future, so easy to source them and cheap as chips especially in bulk and really, everyone should be using them.

Joe  

The only thing I can say about the cable clips is if the screen on your detector goes dim then the clips are too tight.

Chuck  

PS Joke for today.

Dig4gold

I use Velcro that I get from Harbor Freight at a great price. I run my cable straight up to get it out of the detecting field and put the coil under the detector housing as shown in the picture below. The Velcro straps may be a little long but work great .

Chuck 

4F939830-A1BD-4368-807E-3FE8B638C6C2.jpeg

42B9582A-D492-4524-9823-4745C6B53042.jpeg

I made these clips for my old GP3000-GPX5000. They worked fantastic. They let the coil cable slide up and down to not allow any tension where the cable enters the coil, but won't let it fall down and false the detector. I actually found a rubber piece from a metal electrical connector that was a perfect fit for the larger plastic clip that made it even better for not spinning around the shaft. I'll find one after work and take a picture of it. Here are some pictures from a long time ago when I posted this fix. By leaving the smaller clamp "open" it's easy to change coils and the clip is strong enough that over thousands of hours I never had a coil cable come out of it.

Added a picture of the metal electrical fitting that I took the rubber gasket off of and put it on the plastic clamp that goes on the lower shaft. Once tightened, the cable won't move except freely up and down the shaft.

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00047.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

61iSOFfEvFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

With all the excitement going on about this new detector we may find out how low Minelab can sell the 6000 .

I really don’t believe Minelab is happy about this and find it harder they’ll do nothing.

This is the best thing for all us customers is heavy competition between detector companies.

Chuck 

Reverted to using electrical insulation tape to hold coil cables, after trying clips, velcro etc. velcro picks up all the FNQ spear grass and other grass seeds and you end up with a 'nest' on shaft especially at the low tie just above the coil. Battery for the E1500 I initially used a small old 2000mah lithium torch that has a USB A power outlet, ordered and received a Companion 16000mah Power bank as per PhaseTech E1500 review thread. Its a beauty, has a wireless phone charger on one side that had no trouble punching through the thick protection case on my phone, other side has a 1.5W solar charger.