Garrett Storm?

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nice touch if it is a fake, but if it is a fake, why bother? To fool Steve H?

This is what I keep thinking. There's a big audience to fool/lots of clicks to get if someone claims to have details about the forthcoming T-Swift album. 

The forthcoming Garrett metal detector won't attract nearly as large a crowd. Makes me think that guy whose video we were commenting on last week knew what he was talking about (or at least earnestly trusted the info/wasn't trying to deceive anyone) and that this video is legit.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really doubting it's a legit Garrett video.  Just also know an intern with little experience could have knocked out that video in a couple of hours.  Easily.

But I'm puzzled by the source.  A youtube channel with only one video.  And going by the numbers publicly visible, most of the views for that one video came from the link in this thread.

Wouldn't guess an intentional leak.  That would be handled in a way to generate far more blast radius.  Puzzling. 

I was already curious to see whatever Garrett is coming out with and now I'm even more curious.  So, effective?

- Dave

Garrett has been on the move lots since they acquired White’s. Could it be what we have been seeing coming from Garrett is just more than the 24 K they’ve acquired in that buy from Whites You know it had to be. If it wasn’t why bother. It didn’t take much engineering to remove Whites name and slap on Garrett’s name on the 24 K .

Chuck 

I believe the Whites V3i was the most advanced detector ever made.!  And was just hampered by the electronics available at the time it was designed, and could of had a better interface, and more raw power.

And I have said for years that it should be upgraded with fast new electronics, same features and same screen, and added frequencies, made possible with the faster electronics. Multi Color Oscilloscope type readout like the V3i but with more frequencies would be a true game changer for those of us that like to analyze targets.

IF Garrett actually does that they will Leapfrog the competition..!  Hopefully that IS what the Storm is.

But we can Wish in one hand, and Crap in the other and see which fills up first.

Knomad

What we need is some Jaws music to go with it. I just hope it don’t jump up and bite us all in the butt in our thinking of what this storm is all about.

Chuck 

Too bad for me. I'm detector rich but cash poor at this time.

Wait a minute. I found some secret Bunkoh in a sock. Nice.

I thought I saw an add saying , stay tuned the week of April 1st.  So maybe it will actually be revealed this week?

Personally I do not even believe this new detector is going to be called the Storm after talking to someone at Garrett, they were Laughing at me when I brought up the new so called Storm detector and they stated

(we have no clue where people got that thought in their heads, they also stated that no one in the know has told anyone what this new Garrett will be Called as of yet)

What was also stated by the person I talked to was the reference to the Storm is people in Texas use that term

(there is a Storm coming or on the Horizon, to make people aware of a huge event that is about to take place) LOL it does not necessarily mean that is what something is going to be called the STORM, LOL

It's all just marketing doing their thing, they've got everyone talking about it, perhaps a few are now holding off a purchase of another detector waiting to see what this "storm" is all about, and that's exactly what they want to achieve.  I just hope they don't drag it out too long like other brands have in the past.  I prefer the take us all by surprise method that some manufacturers use than this marketing hype stuff.