Fisher Impulse AQ Now A Retail Model?

Has the AQ Limited now become a retail detector?  On their website it appears so? Seems a bit confusing.

Here's a link to it on thier fancy new website.

I thought they were just clearing beta stock, now they're acting as if its a release model, at least it looks that way.

ImpulseAQ.thumb.jpg.96243015001c051bc53c61d895f65dc9.jpg

I was under the impression they offloaded them all to Kellyco.

https://fisher-impulse.com/impulse-aq-limited/  "Available in a production run limited to only 99 detectors"

From 2020……

fisher-impulse-aq-limited-discolsure-1.jpg

fisher-impulse-aq-limited-discolsure-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh my! 1

What I don't get Is how they can think to charge $2000 on a machine that originally cost $1500 when it was released several years ago. There have been no improvements to the design that I can see?

• Like 1

Slimpickuns

They can ask what they want and if we don’t think it’s worth the price I for one wouldn’t buy it.

I will admit I’d like to give a try but I’m not going to invest the money to find out if it’s good are great are somebody got the gold mine and I got the shaft.  
Chuck 

3 hours ago, Luis said:

the price of $1500 was a reduced price only for the first 100 units

Ok, so that means the version they are selling now is the final improved version of the detector? If so what improvements have been made to the "Limited" version? Have all the issues been addressed such as faulty potentiometers? Has the short 3 hour battery life been extended? Has the fragile cables sticking out the back been redesigned so there is no risk of breakage? I just don't see the justification of charging an additional $500 If no issues were fixed from the feedback they received from the first "100" units..

• Like 3

My connection has retired so all I know is from the last unit I tested. They did make several changes, but it is not pictured on their web site. Battery, cables and head phones were improved. 

Potentiometers, I'm not sure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2024 at 1:52 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

My connection has retired so all I know is from the last unit I tested. They did make several changes, but it is not pictured on their web site. Battery, cables and head phones were improved. 

Potentiometers, I'm not sure.

Would be nice to see a picture of what they are currently delivering ... just to see if it is the version with the batteries in the shaft and the cable fixes rather than the LTD version pictured in the ad. Also, seems odd that the ad is still calling it the AQ limited with the original LTD pictured with the max delay on the face plate as 11.5 rather than 15. Odd at best.

• Like 3

"Designed with user comfort in mind"  Seriously? 🤭 There's a lot of fluff in their advertising of it.  Comfort is not one of the things I feel from running it. Fear, that something is going to snap off,  is more like it. But the quick response is one of the features I do like from it. With the other "new" pulse that just started to be released, for less $$$, I think the sales will go that way instead of the AQ. They waited too long and did not do anything to keep us interested in the refined version that was what we all wanted. Time goes by and there is another serious, low cost pulse machine on the horizon.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

With the other "new" pulse that just started to be released

Not rated for hunting in water ... for me that stops a purchase of one.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tvr said:

Not rated for hunting in water ... for me that stops a purchase of one.

True, the new machines are not waterproof.... yet, so for many, including you, it is a no go. I bet you are not alone in thinking that. 🙂 But the AQ also need TLC for water hunting. There is virtually no feedback on leakage of the AQ because there are not that many units out there. I wonder how well it would rank if there were 100,000 of them sold? There are many people waiting on any new, good machine that would in work in water. I guess the question is who is going to step up to the plate and produce one. Even if the AQ was beefed up a bit, the changing of batteries in a 2-3 hour span, I would imagine, would turn off water hunters. I'm speculating of course, but I think many people are just going to wait it out for a new water machine.

• Like 1