The Dalas™ Has Landed. Detecting Comfort Has Just Been Increased 100 Fold.

Hmmm 🤔 looks very promising! Making it adjustable was an excellent upgrade to the hip stick, good job!  Need any beta testers and reviewers? 😉

• Thanks 1

Looks like you are on your way Doc, I'll take one when you get it finalized. 

• Thanks 1

GPZ and ATX owners should get one of these when they buy new from the dealer! Expected RRP????

• Thanks 1

I knew it would be the new revised better version of a hip stick so didn't comment in your previous threads to spoil your fun, looks promising! Great work as always.

• Thanks 1

Looks a fabulous piece of kit and just want i am looking for,when they are in production i will certainly be buying one to detect a heavy rig here in the UK.

• Like 1

Very nice work Doc, looks like a winner for sure. 😎

The weight goes into the middle of the back or lower body area so it removes most of the side tension probably most of it which has been my biggest problem for sure.

I think if Minelabs lowers the Zed prices a lot of people might reconsider buying one again now we have the  Dalas to attach to it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

GPZ and ATX owners should get one of these when they buy new from the dealer! Expected RRP????

Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure. Shipping costs are up, but the big up in the air thing is always import duties.  I usually pay 15% on covers imported, then one time they whacked me a 45% tariff.  Well that changes retail prices dramatically.

So when I can ball park it I will let you know.

Thank you,

Doc

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Very nice work Doc, looks like a winner for sure. The weight goes into the middle of the back or lower body so it removes the side tension probably all of it completely.

I think if Minelabs lowers the Zed prices a lot of people might reconsider buying one again now we have the  Dalas to attach to it.

Actually Ron it doesn't even go to the lower part of the body.  The way the Stick is designed it goes down, then back and then around in back and the force of the weight actually gets dissipated by pushing your belt out and away from your back.  If you were going to notice it anywhere it would be your belt in front tightens up because it is being pulled from behind.  Sort of what would happen if you grabbed your kid by the back of his belt and pulled.

I can't take credit for this re-direction idea as opposed to direct transference of weight like the Hip Stick.  It was first thought of by Minelab in their Pro-Swing, but the Pro Swing has some issues with adjustment and being tied to the harness, and the support strut on the Pro-Swing does not float, more times than not it ends up pulling on your shoulder because people are unsure of how to adjust it properly.

Doc

• Like 3