First Day Out With A Gold Monster

Hello everyone..  

Im rookie starting out gold prospecting with a metal detector. I have always dredged for my gold and wanted to give metal detecting a go.

So i have gotten the GM as my first gold prospecting detector and i would have to say im very impressed. Im happy with how simple it is even in our hot soil here the Dominican Republic.  

I had to switch from deep all metal to "Gold Mode" most of the time because of the ground noise.  

But it was manageable for a rookie like me just walk everywhere and just detect.  Found a couple false signals but they was like pockets of black sand they appear while scraping off the overburden to reveal more the signal.  

So i have went to a place where some lady just walking by found a piece of gold since i dont know of no place here where people would metal detect since no one do nugget shooting with a prospecting machine. After about like 10 minutes i got a good signal and i dug my first gold nugget about 4" down. It weighted in at 1.4 Grams.  After trying to search the are for 10 more minutes and not founding nothing more i left since it looked like it wanted to rain. 

So i have found my first place where i know i have found shallow gold. Hope i could start now a list of these deposit to revisit when i have a PI machine .

20170619_161125.jpg

20170619_231301.jpg

Well done.  Nice nugget.

Do many detect there already?

Congratulations principedeleon on your great find 1gram + .

I run an SDC and have found over 200 nugglets all under 1 gram can't tick that 1gram box yet .

Going out Saturday with a friend and his Minelab Monster maybe there's a 1 grammar waiting for me .

Hope you enjoy detecting and find plenty of gold .

Cheers

goldrat

Thanks everyone for ya comments.  

And Mn90..im the only one on my sector nugget shooting that i know of.  People around have a muilti purpose vlf and use them for treasure hunt. But very little know how to operate these machine since they come in english. 

Kiwi- i start of on auto sen+ with discrimination and as it gets quite i meaning no ground noise or metal objects i try to back it down to deep all metal and sensitivity to 10 and it just might work well for a minute to i get very soon to a hotter piece of ground . So i just stay mostly in autosen+ and in discrimination mode . 

GoldRat- GoodLuck!! Hopefully you find a muilti Gram nugget =]

I love the discrimination on the machine i just couldnt figure how i would have ignore all these iron signals from blasting my earphones and digging it without it.

*something i notice is the sound coming off the speaker are kinda low at full volume . I dont think i could even hunt just using the internal speaker it makes me struggle with my hearing to pick up these signals .*