Equinox 600 Now Available To Ship In 4-7 Business Days - Not!

8 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Interest is extreme, somebody no doubt said “get them in the website” and it went from there. Just typical company confusion on details.

I keep saying to ignore all product status reports from anyone but Minelab. Still true.

Agree, though Cabelas was willing to go “on the record” with a 29 January backorder date do I reckon that came directly from Minelab and is not inconsistent with ML’s public announcement or the info that was passed to dealers yesterday.  

I’m personally resigned to the indisputable fact that it will get here when it gets here.  Lol.

22 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Apparently this caused enough problems for Cabela’s that they have pulled the ability to order online for now. Or they already sold everything they had coming on the initial order.

That's what I wondered...I wondered if they "ran out" of all the units Minelab told them they'd have available initially...

Steve

50 minutes ago, steveg said:

That's what I wondered...I wondered if they "ran out" of all the units Minelab told them they'd have available initially...

Steve

Or ML pushed back the ship date even further and Cabelas couldn’t take the grief from their customers.  Interesting though that you can still supposedly order by phone.

Guys, honestly, as a webmaster this is simple. Cabelas online store is designed to either sell product on hand, or show items as being on backorder status. It is not designed to presell unavailable items. Somebody listed the items as being in stock, creating a problem. So they pulled it off for now to avoid creating a can of worms with people expecting quick delivery.

You guys do know I have inside information on availability, right? :blink: Or am I just wasting my time repeating over and over that the ONLY information that you should pay attention to regarding availability is that issued directly by Minelab? I can assure you I want these things to ship as much or more than anyone, and would not let such an event pass without comment. Until then.....

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You guys do know I have inside information on availability, right? :blink: Or am I just wasting my time repeating over and over that the ONLY information that you should pay attention to regarding availability is that issued directly by Minelab?

LOL!

Guess we're all a bit overzealous waiting on this thing!

Steve

Maybe all of you know this that Cabela was bought out by Bass Pro Shop in 2017. So far the Cabela name is still being used.

Chuck