Another Possible Scenario....

MontAmmie

6 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

Asked my dealer for an update:  he says Ive moved up from #7 to #5. Woo Hoo!

good for you MontAmmie. I hate to lose your periodic analyses.  

Oh, now I'll be anal-yzing my new toy.  And you guys know I'm always good for free relationship advice-worth every penny you pay for it!

Seriously, I feel really bad for the people who paid for theirs in September and still haven't heard a peep from their dealer.  I just paid a deposit on mine in December.  When I finally decided to pull the trigger, I knew I was going to have to put some serious cash down to even get on a dealer's list.  So I shopped around first.  I called about 5 dealers before I found one who said I'd be number 6 after I paid a substantial deposit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dig It said:

I think MineLab should give a FREE Detector Carry Bag out to all that have waited and prepaid 3 months out or more ....... :cool:

My local dealer gave me a free detector bag AND  apron.  It pays to be loyal and shop local.

Mt ammie, after all this , I hope you truly love your EQ. It would be sad to see you be the first person to put it up for sale!

HH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

I think I’m exhausted by all of it.  Same with the Warranty threads..

I think a lot of people might feel the same way. Going forward people should expect any new threads about the Equinox shipping, availability, which dealer has what etc. will get contained and consolidated into a single thread that people can view or ignore as they please. I don’t mind the posts in any way but I don’t think we need new threads twice a week on the subject. Clearly machines are in the pipeline and people are going to have to wait until theirs shows up or cancel their order and move on. I think most of us can agree there is nothing that can be done to change the situation at this point. It is what it is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Dig It said:

I think MineLab should give a FREE Detector Carry Bag out to all that have waited and prepaid 3 months out or more ....... :cool:

Kellyco should at least send people a hat. They give out stuff with all their other detectors and they had use of my money enough to pay for the hat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Isn't the short answer that ML did not expect the level of EQ popularity and perhaps they had a last minute code modification? The amount of complaints is kind of funny. Detectorists always say patience is so important. Hope everyone is out detecting in their favorite EQ mode soon. And thanks for all the contributions of videos that we can watch and learn from in the meantime.  

• Like 2

Ask your dealers all you want it isn't going to help, when he gets his allotment he will send to whom he wants. The dealers are human and if they have a friend of a friend they know about the friend of a friend will get theirs 1st. No one will ever know. So no matter what place you are on the list to make much difference. 

I don't expect mine for awhile and anyone that has one now will do nothing but brag about it. In 6 months to a year the real stories will come out. It's a metal detector with some new technology but still a metal detector. I can't see a CTX owner putting the CTX on the shelf in lieu of the Equinox. The CTX cost almost 3 times more. My gut feeling is if your willing to pay a little more for a 1st class just above an entry level detector there is not another one on the market that comes close.. The beauty of the Equinox is simplicity for novice users. 

I read about so many people trying to dissect the Equinox like it is heart surgery. For me it's plug and play and swing and learn it. It's in the sounds and how you learn them is how successful you will be

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked