Steve, Your View On Recovery Speed On The Equinox?

As far as loss of depth with faster speeds..  Today I found an 8” Barber Dime in mineralized ground using a Recovery Speed of 4... Before I dug the Dime I played with the Recovery settings from 1 through 8...  All speeds detected the Dime with no problem.. The faster speeds clipped the signal by a good margin but it was still surprisingly good at Recovery 8..   I was running 50 tones in Park 1 with no discrimination,  21 sensitivity, and 0 Iron Bias..  

Bryan

On 3/6/2018 at 5:33 AM, flakmagnet said:

Chase, I could well be using the wrong description.

DirtFishing's video explains it better than I can, (and what is the correct word for it?)

Anyway, that is what I have been messing with. Sorry for the confusion.

I will be back onto my settings later after work .

Yesterday i bought a new 705 and dropped my second Equinox , i still think i was right due to the places i search but now with this info i can use both machines on the same stem after changing on site and have the best of both worlds. 

There are places that the Terra will do better and vise versa .

My next search with the Nox might be better provided the beach is good on the day .

4 hours ago, Nuke em said:

I will be back onto my settings later after work .

Yesterday i bought a new 705 and dropped my second Equinox , i still think i was right due to the places i search but now with this info i can use both machines on the same stem after changing on site and have the best of both worlds. 

There are places that the Terra will do better and vise versa .

My next search with the Nox might be better provided the beach is good on the day .

Diversity in detecting characteristics between detectors is the reason I will keep at least two or three VLF detectors around even with Equinox.  No one detector (or Detectorist for that matter) will find it all at a given site and although the way the multiple detect modes on the Equinox are implemented does a great job of emulating multiple detectors, there are some things other detectors will unquestionably do better.  That is why I think of the Equinox as complimenting the best detector in my arsenal rather than replacing or obsoleting it.  Don't get me wrong, though, the herd will definitely be thinned.

Roll on when I get home from work. I got some settings to change.

On 3/6/2018 at 8:32 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Forget the User Profile. Choose one of the Search Profiles closest to what you want, and modify it accordingly. The detector saves the changes automatically and the will be there exactly as you left them next time you use the detector. If you want to start over, you can reset that profile individually or do a full system reset.

In my opinion User Profile is not worth the hassle, but that’s just me.

D907323C-D6CB-4C57-9DE3-2AA938F11505.jpeg

Good, one less button!:smile:

I did notice yesterday that when i got back to the sidewalk cafe area the trash was much higher so i set my recovery speed higher and the quarters were deep!!! I got a video or two showing how deep they were. Nickels too... takes some learning.

I have just finished changing all the tones and sounds . So should be ready for the next search next week .

But i will be taking my X.Terra 705 control box on its Anderson stem handgrip and coil with me .

I have done a bold move and stripped my Explorer 11 down and cleaned it and put it away , so lets see how long it will be before i get it out again . The ET is in its box , where its been for over a year now.

I haven't done the sounds and tones quite like on the above video as UK coins are different numbers , your Dime is a bit like our Pound coin . Your Quarter is a bit like it too. The 5p , 10p , 20p and 50p (non ferrous ones) are lower tones . 1 and 2p are very high tones like Silver.

On 3/5/2018 at 4:27 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Absolutely true if you are detecting in the air or in non-mineralized white Florida sand with exactly one target in the ground.

Sounds like my beach.  Out there, depth really does matter.  I went down there today with the Infinium for 3 hours before low tide.  5 targets total.  2 pennies, 2 rusty fish hooks and one sinker.

Recovery speed is something ill have to play with...... in my Fl white sand.   Things change greatly from the dry sand...... wet sand...... and in the water...... such as shear number of targets and even type of targets.   Most of you can nail down your sweep speed too........ that may change for me as well, especially if the coils has the drag the CTX has in the water.   Lot of changes in the water.... targets, black sand, hard pan, soft sand, sweep speed is reduced, TID in salt......... so i suspect i may get to push some buttons for awhile.   No salt settings are available in other programs and it appears different algorithms are used anyway.   I might find adjustment needed only in considerations of trash that tend to build up in some areas.

11 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Recovery speed is something ill have to play with...... in my Fl white sand.   Things change greatly from the dry sand...... wet sand...... and in the water...... such as shear number of targets and even type of targets.   Most of you can nail down your sweep speed too........ that may change for me as well, especially if the coils has the drag the CTX has in the water.   Lot of changes in the water.... targets, black sand, hard pan, soft sand, sweep speed is reduced, TID in salt......... so i suspect i may get to push some buttons for awhile.   No salt settings are available in other programs and it appears different algorithms are used anyway.   I might find adjustment needed only in considerations of trash that tend to build up in some areas.

It the same for me . There are tons of crap targets and i need a good air tester . Its why the Terra does so well for me , that machine doesn't have to punch hard in hard ground . Just be good in air , many beaches i do are stony and lose shingle . Depth is important to a point . And so is target info and tones . 

I hope that i have the right settings in my Nox now but i wont know till next week and maybe Friday if i am to tired from work Tuesday . There are short tides from now anyway but they can be good too so i might have to force myself .