Another Look At Nox On Micro Placer Gold

Condor

I still think it is simply the extra filtering in effect in the disc modes that makes them "silent search". As much as I like knowing how things work however the reality with Equinox is so much of it is wrapped up in proprietary Multi-IQ processes that I do not expect we will get many clear answers. My approach is to just figure the darn thing out because I am convinced that not even Minelab knows everything about what this machine can do under all conditions. That is why I keep hammering on about experimenting with all modes for all uses. The names mess with people's heads. Beach Mode just for beaches? No, how about for high mineral alkali desert salt locations while nugget detecting?

Do remember however that ground mineralization rules, and which modes work best are going to vary by location, with the type of gold and trash levels all playing into it.

Steve, did you ever come to any conclusions as regards Iron Bias? I usually run it at zero because I just don't trust it and don't need things to read any more ferrous than they already are.

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And let's face it - this VLF stuff is secondary anyway. Better in most cases to grab the GPZ and go for larger gold.

Or as an old-timer I knew once said; "...but that's fine gold, who wants fine gold?"