Leave No Nugget Behind!

For those that don’t follow me on Facebook this is the end result of 3-days behind my GPZ at Rye Patch.  Robin and I, just got home from a big group hunt at Rye Patch and a few days later one of my partners said, he was heading back up.  I already had three other buddies there that didn’t make it to the outing and his call got me off the fence to pack my truck up with my gear.  Surprised my new Super Ice Chest still had some ice in it too!  If you followed my last posting we all had a great trip, but the wind was doing what wind does...keeps nuggets out of your poke.  It creates all kinds of noise to fight to hear a faint signal or tones while metal detecting.  I knew we left nuggets behind on this hot little patch.  Not a puff of wind and the area produced like I was hoping.  We took advantage of the warm calm Autumn Desert on a handful of other old huants and if you listened close, you could hear the whispers and cheers of times past while adding to the poke of memories of the present!  Leave no nugget behind...I always leave them behind, it’s what keeps me motivated to come back!  5 of us added nuggets and good times to our pokes.

Below is my harvest (keeping it in season) of the Great Pumkin Patches of Rye Patch!

LuckyLundy

15239F67-2C1C-48DA-BC23-5627957156BC.jpeg

Nice gold Rick!

Rick,  

It was great to meet up with you again, it has been a year since our last hunt. When Ken told me that you were headed back to R-P, I was smiling from ear to ear. Hunting gold with the two of you is about as good as it gets for me. Always grateful for the advice and that pointy finger of yours.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

image1.jpeg

Joe,

Some Prospecting trips are tough!  Others trips make it look like you might know something that others don’t!  Lucky ? coil finding needles in vast open spaces is amazing.  As you know, I just got home last night from a two day hunt, picking up nuggets, I left!  Think, I’ll take a break and swing on this side of the hill before the snow falls in the high country!  Here’s my end poke, Until the next Hunt.

LuckyLundy

DC46879E-0AC9-4A0D-B3C6-7C63799EB18D.jpeg

Swegin,

I tell you that new Super Cooler is the real deal!  It’s a Cabelas and I’m sure all these new coolers are made by one company, with little twists to make them a little different from other brands.  Now mine is a true 80 quart and I was using a 150 quart Igloo.  Needless to say, I’m looking at bigger cooler now.  It’s to small for my off grid hunts and my beer ?  is fighting with my chicken ? ?.  

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, LuckyLundy said:

Swegin,

I tell you that new Super Cooler is the real deal!  It’s a Cabelas and I’m sure all these new coolers are made by one company, with little twists to make them a little different from other brands.  Now mine is a true 80 quart and I was using a 150 quart Igloo.  Needless to say, I’m looking at bigger cooler now.  It’s to small for my off grid hunts and my beer ?  is fighting with my chicken ? ?.  

Rick

Yes bigger for when i run into u, i'll drink a few your brews