He Dug A Buick, Not A Toy Car Either, Then Let Me Have It.

Lunk and I were in Nevada last week training customers on their gold machines and when the class was over, I invited him to an old site I like to swing by...before heading home.

This Buick plate is really cool and I still can't believe he did not hit it with his shovel.

If anyone knows the history or or the approx date of the plate, please let me know.  The porcelain one I dug a few years ago has the exact same script design, but I think Lunk's is older?  Please share you knowledge of these finds with your friends, car nuts and or clubs to help us.

If you have found anything like it, please post pics as I enjoy seeing old brass plates.

BTW,  Lunk is so cool he handed the plate to me and said "Thanks for the invite".

NVNovLunk1a.jpg

BuickLunk2.JPG

NVNovLunk1b.jpg

BuickLunk4.JPG

Nice work Gerry and Lunk! Between the two of you there is no gold nugget or relic that is safe. I would have put a hole through that with my pick.. lol

strick

It was a great day. The reason I didn't mark the plate with my shovel is that I didn't use my shovel; the detector signal appeared to indicate a shallow dime, so I was using my boot to remove the loose soil. The plate was situated on edge instead of laying flat, so I grabbed ahold of it and pulled it up out of the ground and it came up clean, just as it appears in the photos.

It was a dime signal, (27-28) and I was using the Park 1 settings with the Recovery Speed at 7 (thick trash) and Iron Bias at 0.