CTX 3030 On Gold Nuggets - Tips On Settings

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Goldhound

I have just upgraded from an Etrac to the CTX3030.   Whilst I am working my way through it.  For the love of me I cannot work out how to load my own programs using auto accept, or even work out where they are gunna go.  Using Nenad Lonics video for the Etrac, on how to , it was a breeze.  But the Minelab Manual for the ctx just has me perplexed.  My email is kiwigold@hotmail.com. Help, I need help please.  I might add I am 66 years old, does that make me thick lol.

Cheers Trev

New Zealand. 

Log into the XChange2 program. Plug in your CTX 3030, turn it on, and it will bring up an icon for the detector at the top of the list. In the XChange2 program, when you click on File, you will find three options in the top of the "gray space". One is Import. Import the file from your PC. It will be placed in File. Then drag it from File to the icon for your CTX 3030.

GoldHound, have downloaded your files and installed into Xchange2.

Saw the 6 files in the "file" folder but could not view the detail of each one until I worked out that I needed to generate a new folder and transfer them in.

Can now see the configuration for each mode and it all looks pretty good

Just need my CTX to arrive now and try them out

Cheers for sharing your good work GoldHound

Dale,
            Right on the money !     I too, was one of the first to get my hands on the 3030 and totally agree with everything you have said.    

Even though at first glance the CTX is weak on small gold ~ It makes up for it with multiple target ID and a highly adjustable custom discrimination Mods….

"technology that is light-years ahead of anything else out there … I agree the CTX's target trace function is an incredible visual tool for separating good targets from all the junk! 

Thanks for all your hard work taking notes and refining the CTX's added hidden values in taming very junk filled 1850's gold fields.

Cheers,
Gerard

P.S. Thank you for sharing your mods!!!!   They uploaded perfectly!  > At first glance,,,, l really like the way you setup the pitch on high conductivity… I will be heading up today to give them a try!  

As you probably already know… here in the States we have an over-abundance of very trashy & very bullet infested gold areas…  Not like the very sweet virgin ground where you are up in beautiful far North Qld !    

Like you…  I do a lot of hiking too!   ( trying ) to get as far away from all the trash searching for a little piece of virgin ground. 

We need all the help we can get out here!  

Speedy recovery with your Arm!   The Au awaits!!!      

--------------------------------------------------

To anyone that hasn't done it yet:>>>  Subscribe to "Goldhounds Nugget Recovery" on youtube!   

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCanm0gYhAZNL6-wNKkSXx8Q

Thanks again mate! 

Thanks Gerard

Don't worry we have our fair share of goldfields covered in trash too!

That's why I know how to use the CTX so well as I've got 1000's of hours on it now for gold, treasure and old coins in very different conditions.

I live in NSW and the eastern gold fields had large populations in their heyday just like in the USA.

I also travel..........A lot!

Those Video's are all taken in the last 2 months of last year's season before we did that mission we did one into the NSW desert, very different terrain and geology to where we were in the vids.

And before that we were in the eastern NSW gold fields different terrain and geology again.

• 9 months later...