CTX 3030 On Gold Nuggets - Tips On Settings

thank you, it won't save to my computer...just goes to adobe reader and says it is not a supported file...same with gary's program on this site.

I have saved and downloaded his file (from the Newhamshire forums) to my computer, into exchange2 and into my ctx...

so, I can do this if the file will open or save...still flummoxed?????????????? 

Good day Goldhound,

I don't have the 3030 but I came to this post curious about your actual success with the 3030 at finding gold, especially in the trashy areas.  The 3030 is a big investment for most and represents the cost 2 or 3 decent VLF detectors.  I have several questions about it since you have used it for a long time in search of gold. 

1. In your opinion is it worth the extra cost ?

2.  I assume you are finding gold with it and how does it compare with other well known VlF machines as far as ability to avoid the Iron and with bad mineralized ground? 

3. What is your favorite coil for the machine?

Thanks much in advance.

Terry

1 hour ago, fredmason said:

Thanks, Steve;

maybe my computer is getting senile...it is a windows vista and seven years old...can you suggest a simple fix...is there such a thing in computer-land?

fred

Right click and choose "open with"....

Have a look at this site Fred, http://superuser.com/questions/184459/how-to-customise-the-recommended-programs-list-when-choosing-what-to-open-a-file

• 6 months later...

Goldhound --

Would you mind doing a video on using your CTX-3030 in a trashy area using your modes.  I would love to see this in action and learn from it.  I plan on taking a trip with my SDC2300 and my CTX-3030 to Arizona for some nugget detecting and I really could benefit from the lesson.

Thanks!

Sorry guys no rubbish where I am working at the moment!

Two musket balls, 3 opium pipes, 2 pickheads, 5 rockbar scrapers is my entire rubbish this far for the season.

• Like 2