A New Plan For 2019

phoenix

In my mind there is no doubt the 7000 is the best detector for depth I have used but the last couple of years of working low and slow, my results have been anything but stellar.   The depth of some of the gold I have found amazes me, but the 7000 just wont find gold that`s not there.      This year I am going to concentrate more on ground coverage than depth.  I used to find reasonable gold with my 4000, but when I bought the 5000 the amount of gold I found went up and the weight of the pieces went down.   I no longer own the 5000 but I still have the 4000 and I think the 4000 is a very capable detector on gold a gram and up.
   So the new plan is more ground coverage away from the recognized gold areas  and I`m thinking my 3 main coils will be the 24x12 UFO, the 18x12 Goldstalker and the 14x9 Blitz.   I remember years ago, before the 5000, I was hooking in with the 4000 and UFO in open ground, I got this terrific 7 grammer at about 8 or 9 inches.     If I want to do deep work, I`ll go to the 7. 
 All the best for 2019 everyone, may we all get more gold in `19 than we got in `18. :smile:

7 grammer.jpg

SDC13993.jpg

Phoenix , i here what your saying  i swung my 4000 from the time it was new untill the year the 7000 came out and deep down i still know how good the 4k is 

I think the key to success with a GPX series is hitting ground the GPZ has not seen.

The Gpz is a great detector to bring out once you have found gold. It is not my preferred detector for hunting unproven ground. Even a 22cal on a Gpz is almost an overload signal, plus the weight of the Z is tuff to handle for hunting multiple days in a row.

Hi Dave, In late October I decided that I also needed a change in the way I was searching and went to open areas and used a bigger coil for ground coverage and immediately had a change in luck. In two outings I had found many times the weight that I had found in the 10 months previously. I still had a bad year as far as gold goes but I think  next year will be better.  Below is the first bit I found about 9 inches down and it screamed well before I had the coil over it.

Rowdy

DSCN2947.JPG

My plan is to use the modded SDC more this season on the old shallow patches, getting a wee long in the tooth for the "hunt the virgin patches" with the GPZ, time to slow down and swing a lighter machine more. Not retiring just refiring but of course the Z will be handy always, for it is no doubt the premium machine for my part of the world.

49 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

MODDED SDC Norvic.....please tell us more about the mods. :biggrin: Cheers.

@ phoenix. I am always in awe at the large 5 cent pieces you manage to find. :laugh: Love the clarity & detail of your pics on the smaller bits mate. ?

Good luck out there guys for 2019

JW :smile:

Righto, I`ve lost the plot, be buggered if I can simply just put a link here for you JW. Anyway go to

..........................Minelab SDC 2300 Strip Down & Rebuild...……….. on DP (Worlds best gold detecting 4M )

a last wet Dec 18/2017 project. Since this I have added a couple of diodes to ensure the battery voltage from the Lithium battery isn`t likely to cause damage. Light as and works like a dream plus "easy as" to do. 

Good luck, Dave.

I hope the plan turns out to be prosperous.

Hopefully you'll need to upgrade the rear suspension on the Troopie,

Phil

10 hours ago, phoenix said:

Peter that`s a terrific piece of gold mate, what`s it weigh?

6.65grams

Rowdy