Hard Prospector

Nokta AU Gold Finder Officially Introduced

LukeOzDigger    106

Tough call all these new detectors, I must say I like the look of both the gold racer and AU finder' what can the gold racer do what the AU Finder can't? Not much really for me it's all about price' the cheeper the machine the less time it's going to take before a profits made' and picking a new machine for a "play" comes all down to Return these days... Well for me anyway.

AuWanderer    239

I actually love the look of this machine, looks tough and very resistant to the elements. I do prefer the knobs...this detector just looks like a full time workaholic! Would compliment a PI....and I have to admit...just love the red and green lights...:smile: Glad I waited !

• Like 2

Hello all.

Just wanted to chime in here.

This is in fact a Kellyco exclusive product in terms of distribution. Nokta will not ship this unit to resellers or end-users.  Kellyco will ship the product globally and may sell to resellers who are interested. The detector has been tested in the USA, Africa and Australia. Steve Herschbach also tested the product and he can feel free to comment on it. The pre-production unit Steve tested did not have the long coil cable or the hipmounting belt . The only change we made on the production units were the LEDs based on Steve's and another tester's feedback. They were not visible enough under bright sunlight so the update was made before we went into production.  

Nokta did make the first shipment to USA and Kellyco should have the product in stock in a few days. 

We can answer all questions regarding the specs or the features of the product. Any questions regarding pricing or shipment dates though should be directed to Kellyco.

Hope this info helps those who are interested. 

Thank you all!

• Like 2

Steve Herschbach    7,478

"Tough call all these new detectors, I must say I like the look of both the gold racer and AU finder' what can the Gold Racer do what the AU Finder can't?"

In a nutshell - target id. The Gold Racer offers target id capability and the AU Gold Finder does not.

The Gold Racer is slightly less heavy at 3 lb 3.3 oz with batteries as opposed to the AU Gold Finder at 3 lb 8.4 oz with batteries, as just weighed on my postal scales. The AU Gold Finder however is all in one control box, and so may be hip mounted. The control box weighs 2 lb 3.5 oz leaving you with 1 lb 4.8 oz on arm for rod/coil assembly. The Gold Racer cannot be separated from the rod assembly.

The Gold Racer is water resistant like all detectors, which means ok in light rain. The AU Gold Finder cannot be submerged but I would feel comfortable dropping it in a pond and grabbing right back up, or dumping a cup of water over it. The battery door is rubber oring sealed and the top mounted speaker is plastic cone and sealed in the case. Switches are rubber capped.

Since the control box is easily dismounted you can put it on any rod assembly mounted any way you wish.

The Gold Racer is being advertised at US$699 and AU Gold Finder at US$749

My Gold Racer coils work on the AU Gold Finder and hopefully this remains with production models - perhaps Nokta will confirm.

nokta-au-gold-finder-hip-mount-illustration.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting - Kellyco registered http://www.augoldfinder.com/ and is advertising for dealers. They are also calling the $749 price an "Introductory Price For A Limited Time Only".

nokta-au-gold-finder-key-features.jpg

• Like 1

fredmason    1,004

I see the led lights are red and green...that means that a large percentage of men will not see either one as well (or not at all) as they might if manufacturers would do a little research regarding color-vision. International orange and very blue or purple would likely be better choices that anyone except a true Color-blind person could see in bright light or dark of night...I have had this problem with many devices that use shades of red and green as indicators...

For those that have never had this problem it is  hard to understand...and like all things human the degree of alternative color vision varies with every individual.

fred

• Like 1

My fault. Original was red/blue and I suggested red/green (stop/go) or red/yellow (rust/gold) as alternatives as the blue was hard to see in bright light and did not make much logical sense. 

I would assume even a color blind person can tell a dark LED from a lit LED? Then it would be more a right/left thing then a green/red thing.

The LEDs only work in single tone mode. When you go to dual tone mode for some reason they have the LED lights shut off. So you basically have to choose either dual lights or dual tones. I suspect most people will go dual tones making it a moot point.

Ringmoney    69

1 in 4 men have some sort of colour blindness, 1 in 10 for women, most don't even know they have problems. 80% of people that problems have red/green problems. Blue is the one colour that least people have problems with. 

My brief research indicates colorblind people do see the light, just not the color. Otherwise we would have one heck of a traffic light problem! So people should be able to see the left LED light up or the right LED light up. What it looks like, who knows.

fredmason    1,004

Well, they didn't check me out...The led in red or green or yellow has to be very bright in daylight for me to see it is on...and I can see single colors pretty well.  

However, I will yield the point that if you can see it is lit then it won't matter what color it is.

fred