I Did It Again

Good pickup JP.  Cant wait to try the 19 over some of the flogged spots, particularly the patch where I got that water worn 7 gramma I show you, which was down 300 in August.  Unfortunately, the Golden Triangle beckons me next week, so Clermont will have to wait till June..  cheers Vet69

• Like 1

Nice Finds JP

Could you show us a close up of your coil skid plate mod?

Thanks Norm

2 hours ago, normmcq said:

Nice Finds JP

Could you show us a close up of your coil skid plate mod?

Thanks Norm

Hi Norm the skid plate isn't a mod, Nugget Finder made me one up to trial, so hopefully this will be an accessory item real soon.

JP

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply

Hope to hear an update on this potential new product.

Norm

New years day I headed out early with the GPZ 7000 and GPZ 19 combo determined to make a positive start to 2017.  There's one section of ground I've always struggled with because its so variable with salt signal mixed in. With the big coil the salt signal increases but the ground noise proportionally decreases, also because I was sticking to my guns and using the General/Difficult modes the reduction in ground signal and also salt signal brought things down below the localised ground signal behavior of the GPZ 14 coil. (I just re-read this and it sounds a bit inside-out, basically the modes and coil size allowed me to operate in an area that usually makes things difficult with the 14" coil).

Couple of hours later and I got a repeatable low/high on the edge of some surfacing, not getting my hopes up I proceeded to chisel out compacted clays and wash due to the target being in a cattle pad. 10 inches down and I hit what I considered to be virgin ground, 7 inches and buckets of sweat later and I had a solid ball like object clunking in my scoop. Initially I thought it might have been a very large musket ball but closer inspection dragged my growing frown into a full-on grin. Eureka a 12 grammer!!:wub: That's over 2 ounces in three sessions at this location now.

SteveH this is the exact same type of detecting you and I were doing in WA, sticking to the larger coils and spending time in the deeper ground. You need to get into the zone with this method because your chances of NOT hitting a nugget are high, but the rewards are well worth the sacrifices.

JP 

IMG_20170101_103324.jpg

IMG_20170101_111810.jpg

• Like 4

Bugger, my mouths watering, rivers up and be probably months before I get out again. You put the hex on us FNQers JP, but the rain is lovely and very welcome(been a long dry) But good on ya, when we`ve had enough liquid sunshine we`ll send a bit your way.............

• Like 2

Hello mate,

Did you say you are running in

General/Difficult????

Do you do the same with the 14 in that ground?

Volume?

Volume limit?

Threshold level?

Threshold pitch? 53?

Smoothing OFF

Oh, I also stumbled on the booster oscillation video you made....

Now I know what is happening when I have the volume up and threshold down and kneel down next to the coils.

Woob woob woob

:rolleyes:

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Bugger, my mouths watering, rivers up and be probably months before I get out again. You put the hex on us FNQers JP, but the rain is lovely and very welcome(been a long dry) But good on ya, when we`ve had enough liquid sunshine we`ll send a bit your way.............

Norvic, 

You could spend all that extra time shining up the Troopie and caravan:tongue:

Nah, I get the sulks and mope around when I can`t get out, plus don`t want you spending all your time over here chasing the yellow, I get bloody dirty about competition. Don`t worry we`ll have a vehicle to get down and flog some gold from JP country.

• Like 1