Sign in to follow this  
mh9162013

Minelab Gt 16000 Fair Market Value?

I saw one of these for sale for basically $200 + shipping. Is that a good deal? What's the typical resale price (Fair Market Value) for a machine like that?

Thanks!

That machine is 30 years old, VLF and made for nugget hunting.

I would not pay more than 50 bucks..and only after testing it.

you can buy many detectors for 200 plus that are new.

fred

• Like 2

Thanks for the input guys!

Looks like I'll pass on it.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By vanursepaul
      Looking for tips on detecting tailing piles...
      I have the Equinox 800 and the Minelab 5000.
      and a lot of trashy tailing piles to detect !!!  🤠
      _________________________________-
      BTW----- Looks like we are running low on masks 😷 and gowns here in LA--- but we will survive--
      Vets have been exposed to tougher stuff than this!!!

Carry on and thanks for any tips on the tailing piles..
      paul
    • By sandiwilliams717
      Mr. Andy Sabisch is a great metal detectorist and a great man. He after me reaching out sent my husband a free autographed book of his and sent us his business card. My husband has been wanting a Vanquish propack since the mentioning of it being made and Mr Andy offered my husband a great deal. See some people may not know he sells metal detectors. Mr Andy and his wife at Treasure Hunting outfitters have impeccable customer service and truly great deals and Mr Andy will work with me and He's letting me make payments. My husband is going to be so stoked for his birthday present. He is so ready to get back to metal detecting. See not many people know this but metal detecting saved my husbands life he was deeply and darkly depressed and suicidal about 10 years ago. He had his left leg amputated at six in a hunting accident his leg was blown off by a 12 gauge shotgun. At 24 10 years ago. He had his right hip replacement and they told him never work again. He's been on SSI since. Gets very little money I had to work 3 jobs to pick up slack. He felt worthless, useless and he was lonely because I worked kids were always at school and after school programs. He was very close to killing himself. He saw a metal detecting video. And they told Him he could do anything like that but he fell deeply a Passionately in love and was set on fire to get out and find history and discovered a new and free and whole other part of himself in metal detecting. His pinpointer recently broke and he needed one and i mentioned the vanquish to Andy and he ran a amazing deal by me guys I couldn't refuse at all. Period. 590.00 for a pulse dive and a Vanquish 540  propack..... That's major savings and he guys go to Andy for all your metal detecting needs. If he doesn't have it which most likely does he will make sure he gets it for you and as quickly as he possibly can. So go to Andy y'all. Great person. Sales@TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com
      (734)230-1121. Oh promo going on 100.00 for pulse dive y'all. Crazy savings 
    • By James35w
      A great metal detector but I am looking for new one for a beginner, I want to start to search for coins in my area
    • By flycatch
      I'm requesting help on which detector to buy for hunting gold nuggetts. I live outside Barstow, California which is located in the Mojave Desert. I'm new to this hobby but have researched the topic and have narrowed the search to five detectors. They are; Minelab 1000,  Whites Goldmaster 24K, OP ORX, Nokta Gold Kruzer and Fisher Gold Bug Pro.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
    • By GB_Amateur
      Finally made it to an old park I figured was hunted out.  As usual, there is no such thing.  This park has a sandy volleyball court which aerial photos indicated is over 50 years old.  Other than the (wooden, yay!) posts that the net is attached to there are no impediments.  Any advice on approach (e.g. coil choice, ground balance tricks, target depths to expect, target tones, TID's to accentuate/ignore) would be appreciated.