The Mighty Treasure Baron Sst

Worked very well in bad ground, lite weigh housing, Auto ground trac, pinpoint, three tone options, visual target I.D. and depth reading down to 10". I may take this one with me to the After life.

20200628_085247 (Medium).jpg

20200628_085311 (Medium).jpg

20200628_085319 (Medium).jpg

• Like 7

Yes, the plastic case knocked a couple of pounds off Compared to the Aluminum one.

Somehow I ended up with 3 of the Goldtrax units in the gold boxes with the elliptical coils - need to sell at least 2 of them

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

Yes, the plastic case knocked a couple of pounds off Compared to the Aluminum one.

Somehow I ended up with 3 of the Goldtrax units in the gold boxes with the elliptical coils - need to sell at least 2 of them

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

I have the Red Box Baron with 3 different modules. Truely from the mind of a genius George Payne. Hope your safe and well.

What is the frequency of the Goldtrax pictured above? I see the other is 4.2 Mhz

They both look very nice and would be fun to use.

• 4 weeks later...

I used a Millennium CoinTrax II for a while.   Very nice performer for old school user interface.   I liked the concept of the Baron's; adding and switching models to change functionality.  They were the precursor to internet downloads.

At one time George was working on a more modern version but nothing ever came to market.

I miss JB. 

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

HH
Mike 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'd like to try one of these one day.  I've almost bought one a few times when they've come up for sale, but so far, nadda.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mcjtom
      I looked at my old photos from Laos and there is one with a metal detector in it - a UXO team clearing a village.  Would anybody know what detector they have used?

• By palzynski
      TESTING THE QUEST X5 :
      ---------------------------
      Note : As there is apparently no dedicated QUEST topic in the forum , I decided to post in this METAL DETECTOR ADVICE and COMPARISONS topic 
      I have tested the Quest X5 a few months ago , first part in spring , second part this summer.  
      The Quest X5 has been released at the beginning of 2021. It is a monofreq machine running at 8khz with a modern control box powered by an integrated lithium battery . The CB is rainproof . The X5 has all the basic settings , sensitivity , volume , 3 detection modes : jewelrey , coins , all metal . It has 4 audio tones. 
      Plus a ground balance . It uses an elliptic 10X6 coil. Last but not least , its price is very attractive at 170E ( 200$ in the US ? ) 🙂
      Long story short , I have been very impressed by this little machine . First of all it is very light , weighting only 0.99kg coil cover included ! 🙂 🙂 
      For info there are only 4 detectors under the kg at this moment ,  The Deus , the Orx , and now the X5 plus its grandfather the X10 . This lightness will be appreciated by teenagers , women , and others interested by a very cumfortable to use machine ...
      Second it has a very good audio with an excellent iron filtering ,and very good reactivity on targets . Which means  that it can be used in trashy areas like gardens , paths , yards , fields , etc ...  The X5 audio recalls me some Tesoros or the teknetics T2's audio, I like it ...
      I have only used the X5 during 10 hours , but it looks like a robust and reliable detector. I never had any issue with it during my tests.
      Only a few downsides on this X5 . It is not very sensible to very small targets ( less than 1g ) due to I think its relatively low freq ( 8khz ) . And it has no bluetooth connectivity , only wired headphones can be used .  And some displayed screen infos are very basic, like the conductivity scale . But beginners need simple things and the X5 is for me a perfect detector for a beginner. Or a second machine for an experienced user. Or a good detector for a person with a very limited budget ...
      From what I know the X5 is already a best seller over here in France . From what I have seen during these tests it is well deserved
      My full test of the X5 below ( sorry in French ) , I hope that Google translate will help 🙂...
      https://www.metaux-detection.fr/blog/test-du-detecteur-de-metaux-quest-x5-disque-24x14-n19

For info the X10 ( 230e/270$? ) is an improved version of the X5 with 6 audio tones , 4 modes and more detailed screen infos 
      A few pictures :
      1) The X5 display ,simple and efficient ..

2) The X5 with a Deus HF during a comparative test this summer

3) 1st coin in this field with the X5 , dating from the 17th century

4) light like a feather ...

5) A very clean and aesthetic design 

• By ls4s
      hi iam looking for one of these they are made by allied and the part number is L091 i cant find them on the website

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Rutus Atrex
      https://www.rutus.com.pl/en/page/60/atrex-2
      SPECIFICATIONS
      Built-in Wi-Fi module for software changes Built-in wireless audio transmitter working with OS-2 Color TFT display Weight with batteries (6 AA cells) and black coil - 1630 g Weight with batteries (6 AA cells) and white coil - 1770 g Working time from 20 to 40 hours ADVANCED SOFTWARE (factory)
      Frequency adjustable between 4.4kHz and 18.4kHz in steps of 0.2kHz Automatic Ground Balance 9 factory programs + 5 users Modes of work: Motion with discrimination, All metal, Dual Sensitivity - 99 levels Discrimination: range 0-120 or -90 +90 Notch - 180 notches Hot rock adjustment Reaction speed (ground filters) - 8 levels Multifilter Noise level preview Water Reject Short signal masking - 7 levels Threshold level Threshold tone Threshold sensitivity (All metal channel) VCO (20 levels) SAT Audio gain Iron volume 6 factory preset sound profiles + 3 user programmable sound profiles ID type (range 0-120 or -90 +90) Display information hold time ID gain Volume Backlight Pinpoint Rutus Atrex Operating Manual
    • By JCR
      The ground is too dry & hard on my red dirt sites right now so I re hunted a deep sand site that was in cultivation long ago. I ran the Vista X with the 12X14 Demon coil. Targets are sparse, but what is left is deep or masked by iron. Nothing noteworthy found but I was impressed again at the ability of this bigger coil. Excellent depth even on very small targets. 22 short case @ 8", .22 bullet about the same. Of course I also dug a half dozen bent cut nails at 10-12" but that's okay too. Even when I moved into the nail bed areas the coil showed surprising separation. I dug an iron backed overall button that I know I had been over before. It didn't sound good but it did sound "not as bad" as the nails. That's what I'm down to on this site. But the digging is easy and it was nice to be out.
      I would like to ask Steve to consider a separate Forum for Deep Tech detectors. I think they are that good.
    • By ☠ Cipher
      Air Metal Detectors, a machine that uses your cell phone as a passive remote, is now a reality. It has existed in prototype form for years now, but has finally entered production and now is in the hands of some backers. Backers of its Kickstarter campaign will be first in line, so it may be months before the general public can get our hands on one. Below are some photos of an unboxing. Instantly it reminds one of the XP Deus in many ways. It also functions similarly with the main hardware stuffed in the coil while your phone replaces the remote. This unit is around 7khz if I remember correctly, so it this model is neither selectable nor multifrequency, but the inventor has said he plans for his next machine to be multifrequency. This machine faced many hurdles before the inventor was finally happy with it. So it will be interesting when the first reviews pop up. What do you think of the concept?