1715 Era Navigation Chart Dividers Found On Treasure Beach

That's a stellar find FS!   

Congratulations! I'm so jealous!! I've been up there several times this year and last! But no major finds yet! Only small hints and teasers of the fleet items! But I'll still get up there whenever i can get away!👍👍

• Like 2

Thanks Chase, thanks Joe D. It has been spotty for the last two years. Even when the weather is right, the Treasure Coast gets stingy with her secrets. Plus all the sand coming next year. 
It was a blast.

Regards all

• Like 1

That is a once in a lifetime find that you have uncovered from the past, what secrets it holds is anyone's guess.

Keep up the hunt and get the rest of the set or at least another piece, they should be close to where you found that one.

Good luck on your next hunt and Happy New Year.

• Like 1

Wonderful find !  History right there in your hand find . Envious !

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By F350Platinum
      Decided to make a day of detecting today. It was a pretty nice day so I first went back to the hill behind my house, but didn't search there. Instead I went down a ravine in the woods to a spot where there might have been some colonial activity. It was supposed to become a boat launch when my area was developed but it never happened, the road to it is almost impenetrable now. Hacked around for a bit but found so few iron signals I decided to move to the landing. The beavers were getting mad anyway, I could hear them slapping their tails against the ground.
      I was hoping to get a good low tide to hunt the beach but it never happened. Wind was wrong and the tide didn't go out much, so I went to Plan C which was to just randomly hack around the landing. It's starting to grow a low cover of poison ivy, so I hunted for the most part where it was sparse or not there.
      Didn't do too bad! Got a huge tack buckle, a small D buckle, old faucet handle, a 1990 quarter that I dug out of the gravel in the road, a 1900 IHP, a military service button (WW1) backmarked "The Art Metal Works Newark NJ", my first ever complete 17-18th century shoe buckle (extremely fragile), and the puzzle piece of the day - the other half of a belt buckle I found there a while back.
      If you've been reading my previous hunts, I cleaned up that tiny anvil I dug in Savannah:
      Kinda disappointed it doesn't have any maker marks on it, was hoping for "ACME" or something. 😀
      A while back I dug a sheath out of the river, it was so packed with black river gunk I had wait a while for it to dry to get whatever was in it out. Turned out to be this knife, sad that it's completely gone, it would be worth about $250. It's a 70s Schrade Old Timer 25OT Hunter.
    • By kac
      Hitting old grounds but this time using my Tejon and picking out the deeper stuff with the 10x12. Was able to pick out this old naval button 1800's. It was a 2 piece but back was missing. Still has some gold plating left. Not sure what the age is pre or post civ war. 2nd weekend the Tejon keeps winning the day in these picked clean places. Really got my settings down and having fun.

• By Kaolin washer
      Special thanks to Calabash digger for his reasearch on the pitch mode being good in iron , and His heads up on keeping the silencer at -1 so the target does not get masked in iron . well i used the pitch mode on the DEUS and kept the silencer @ -1 and it came thru for me , Got a good hit on many non ferrous targets today and some right next to iron . i was using the full tones but when i seen Calabash diggers VDs on the pitch mode i had to try that and it has proven to work very well  the VDI on this target was 49 and 50 right where a 22 casing comes in  or some foils . glad i dug it 

• By F350Platinum
      I had to go get the first of 2 flu vaccine shots this afternoon so I decided to go out and get some relic hunting in this morning. Went down a hill in back of my house that I think is a trash dump site dating back quite a bit.
      There was a tremendous amount of iron present, but the Equinox did what it does best - tell ya where the good stuff is. Ground balance was about 53, I was in my trusty Farm 2 mode with all metal on, F2/0. Sensitivity 22.
      Got me a small pile of trash, I was only hunting about a half acre overlooking the river.
      Found these old Mason jar seals, usually I find them broken.
      Got a Big ol' ax head, put a penny on it for size:
      And now the finds. Bit of back story, the first button I ever found with a metal detector was from a WW1 military jacket...
      Thought I found another ox knob but it doesn't have threads. 1983 dime, beautiful 1939 wheat penny, a no date wheat. Model T Ford key, back code 69. Could be related to the hubcap I dug in the landing, and the, uh, model T Ford I found in the woods! 😀  Marble, came up with one of the coins. I think it's the kind that is in a paint can to stir the paint. It seemed to have a metal shroud around it, might have been part of the the can. Lug nut with "R". Military device clip, probably for a medal or badge.
      Centerpiece is the find of the day. It took a while to get the stamp to come up, had to use a grill brush and steel wool.
      When you find a dog tag it is obligatory (to me anyway) to find out who it is and attempt to find the family. This is a post-WW1 dog tag for the Marine Corps. The date is the enlistment date.
      Theodore H. Coleman, thanks for your service. 🇺🇲
      It may be related not only to the device clip, but to the jacket button I found along the road back in August.
    • By CVISChris
      We headed out Saturday morning to the camp.  Wife has given up on the Vanquish because all she digs is square nails.  So we swapped detectors later in the day.   She then found an ax head and a big chisel.  I scored the dime and other stuff with the Equinox before the switch.   We bought a curio cabinet to house our growing collection of history so I will include a photo of it.    Hope everyone is doing well out there.