Still Working On The Raft For The Tm808... Need Help...

Yeah...I drew it up in 2d CAD to get the dimensions I needed for cutting the pipe sections. Also wanted to see how the TM808 fit on there, so I could make size adjustments, if needed. Did a plan view and side view. No reason to think you're a rube for mentioning 3d CAD...I use it for some things. And, I sure as hell don't think of you as a rube...LOL...far from it.

Best,

Jim

• Like 2

20 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Try to find the Sennheiser RS 160 .. cordless headphones, they also have a good range ... at least 30-50 feet..

How have you progressed from detection techniques? a large coil detector or a Two-box detector?

for a 7 "x16" x1.5 "object, both options could be good .... Twobox will be better able to eliminate small waste - with a similar size of coils.

I'm going to research those headphones, in the event the Z-Link won't cut it. I'm up to my ears in chores around the place, so can't even get the Z-Link tested. Got pasture to keep watered, and lawns to mow and water, etc. Don't know how I kept up when I was still running the business....LOL But, the weather's kinda crappy, so hope to have things sorted out by Sunday night.....................which probably translates to a week from Sunday...Ha! I appreciate the tip on those headphones.

Jim

• Like 1

Today I got time to put together the body of the raft. Threw it in the canal by the house and it floats good. Draws about an inch, just by eyeball. It weighs 16.6 lbs, so adding a few accessories, and the detector won't make an appreciable difference in how it floats. I'll start on the steering mechanism after lunch.  I'm thinking of a

movable rudder in the front. I'll probably take the time to draw it up, so may not get it built today. Also the detector, as show, is not in it's final position. Still have to come up with the mount plan for that. Here's a couple of pics:

Jim

TM808  raft body.jpg

TM808 raft with detector 1.jpg

TM808 raft with detector 2.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

I'm around guys. The raft is finished. I'll post a pic soon. It's been done for months, but haven't used it yet. Weather was too stinking hot this summer, and I had lots of chores to do. May not get around to the creek until next year. I spent some time up there and decided there are some ares that are dry, where the bars could have ended up. Those places are easier to check so will probably start there and go to the water if If don't find them in the dry areas. I'm hoping to spend some time there this fall. I'll keep you advised. I appreciate the interest.

Jim

• Like 2

Here's a few pics of the finished raft:

P9110001.JPG

P9110002.JPG

P9110003.JPG

P9110004.JPG

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kac said:

Project sink? Raft looks too heavy to float. If so you could put styrofoam rings around the pvc.

Nah....it floats fine. Only draws about an inch of water.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the finished pictures, it looks pretty good.

Did you put a valve stem on it so that you can fill it with air? I know of some people that has done it and you can't sink it, and if it ever gets a leak in the pipe, you can get the water out of it.

Good luck on your hunt.