Nokta Makro Legend Production Unit Video

Honestly I never run my Equinox above recovery of 6 even in trash and it's on 4 most of the time. Whether that's right or wrong or you agree or disagree with that is your opinion. I do very well with it on those settings and have owned an Equinox since the day it was released.

• Like 1

I am the same as Andy......Nox 800 recovery speed 4 or 5 for coin, jewelry and relics.....maybe 6 for small gold nugget prospecting with iron bias set on 0 most of the time or occasionally up to 4, never higher than that.

I still say the Legend is a good enough detector to have adjustable iron bias settings. For newbies or new to the Legend.....just leave it on the factory default. For anyone that needs to set it up for more advanced/extreme conditions, now they have the option to do that which is great.

I know this is a Nokta Makro topic but the Equinox is in the videos.

Also, could everyone just settle down and enjoy the release of a new detector=Legend. 

I have seen, heard and received enough fallout and bad manners from the other recent detector release. At least on this forum, lets keep it respectful, low key and without anymore drama....Please.

The Legend will be in the hands of more testers and end users very soon. Lets see what they have to say instead of getting all wound up about a detector we have never touched.

• Like 8

Mine is usually between 4 and 6. I think the fixed internal iron filter for the Legend is the culprit in this case. It just rubs me the wrong way when I see something with my own eyes, and being told I am wrong or there isn't a problem. Even the most expensive detectors have had problems. Look at the Cscope debacle.

14 minutes ago, 67GTA said:

Mine is usually between 4 and 6. I think the fixed internal iron filter for the Legend is the culprit in this case. It just rubs me the wrong way when I see something with my own eyes, and being told I am wrong or there isn't a problem. Even the most expensive detectors have had problems. Look at the Cscope debacle.

Some detector companies work out their issues in the background and we never know if something will be done about it or not. Sometimes there is an update a year or more later.

Nokta Makro for their own reasons works their issues out right in front of us, the end user, and even lets us chime in. Even though it can get a little spicy sometimes, I for one, really appreciate their willingness to almost instantaneously listen to us and do something about our concerns.

• Like 5

I definitely appreciate the open discussion with Dilek. You don't get that with many businesses today. I think Dilek, being the marketing lead, gets too hot/defensive when there is any criticism of their products. Just tell us there needs to be some tweaks made and send out an update. It creates more suspicion when a marketing director tells me their product is perfect.

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Be careful setting your iron bias with the Minelab Equinox, because its effect and worth vary with conditions (ground mineralization, intended targets, likely trash).  But then trust the Nokta Makro engineers that they locked in a single iron bias value on the Legend that's optimal.

Someone, please help me clear up my confusion.

Iron bias (like what's on the Equinox and likely on the Legend) is a setting that can help or hurt you.

N/M seemed to take the approach that b/c of the harm that can come from misusing iron bias, they wanted it fixed (not adjustable).  Apparently, that has proven to be a highly unpopular approach, hence the recent change.

It's an either/or situation, ie they're mutually exclusive.

24 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Iron bias (like what's on the Equinox and likely on the Legend) is a setting that can help or hurt you.

N/M seemed to take the approach that b/c of the harm that can come from misusing iron bias, they wanted it fixed (not adjustable).  Apparently, that has proven to be a highly unpopular approach, hence the recent change.

It's an either/or situation, ie they're mutually exclusive.

Yes, they've now decided to offer adjustable iron bias.  I was specifically trying to understand the video, which seemed contradictory to me.  Its producer (Andy Sabisch) has been a reviewer (in widely distributed publications), teacher, and book writer for a many years.  I expected more clarity and objectivity from him.

Bottom line, though, is that N/M has listened to their prospective customers and now will be offering Iron Bias adjustment capability in soon-to-be-released, user-installable software upgrades.  All's well that ends well.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Yes, they've now decided to offer adjustable iron bias.  I was specifically trying to understand the video, which seemed contradictory to me.  Its producer (Andy Sabisch) has been a reviewer (in widely distributed publications), teacher, and book writer for a many years.  I expected more clarity and objectivity from him.

Bottom line, though, is that N/M has listened to their prospective customers and now will be offering Iron Bias adjustment capability in soon-to-be-released, user-installable software upgrades.  All's well that ends well.

Ahh, I see what you're getting at.

Yeah, that mixed message didn't register with me b/c I knew (assumed?) that he was producing that video in response to Iffy's video and at the direction of N/M.

• Like 2