A Little Seated Half Dime Click Bait From This Spring Near Tappahannock, Virginia....

Steve had deleted my previous account because I was too engaging and thought I was a bot....But for my first coin in VA I'm pretty proud of this teeny Seated Half Dime.... So here it is again. Please re-post as I lost all comments and messages.

Found with my new Deus 2 and the 11" coil at about 4" deep.

There was no missing it and was actually using it in the Diving Program because I was almost directly under power lines and found by adjusting down the Salt Sensitivity I was able to get rid of most of the EMI with the machine still maxed out. Also the Diving program runs a lower weighted frequency set (4 khz to 14 khz) that helps on the deeper silver. Don't be afraid to try it on dry land. This was not the case on another site where there was an electric fence and when it rained the Diving program really felt every pulse of the fence.

1857 Seated Half Dime.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

Very nice!  Good to see you've figured out how to tune the Deus 2 for your conditions.

Your shovel looks new, or did you recently repaint it?  What brand and model is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Great job on the 1/2 dime, love those tiny little coins!!!

On 9/1/2022 at 10:09 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Very nice!  Good to see you've figured out how to tune the Deus 2 for your conditions.

Your shovel looks new, or did you recently repaint it?  What brand and model is it?

I noticed that you did not get a reply to your question about the shovel. The brand name is Excalibur the model is the Merlin two piece travel.I bought one with the 40 inch length with the D handle and the wider blade option to carry in my XP Backpack and it fits very well.Great shovel it's powder coated not to heavy and rock solid a good purchase in all respects. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

The brand name is Excalibur the model is the Merlin two piece travel.

Here's their website.  No "about us" tab; no location, just an email address and a link to their Facebook page under 'contact'.

3 hours ago, dogodog said:

Great job on the 1/2 dime, love those tiny little coins!!!

It was my first one Dog.... Needless to say I was very happy to see that "half dime" written on it. Even happier to see it was a seated when I flipped it over.