Steve's 2014 Alaska Gold Adventure

Hello Steve… I think you've done very well considering that detecting for much more elusive deep, large gold has been your main focus, and generally that the area has likely been detected a good deal in the past by yourself and many others. In recent years my best finds were made near the close of two-month autumn trips. We’ll keep our fingers crossed hoping the best possible results are still ahead for you. Good luck...

Jim.

Tom found the .45 oz nugget in upper right the day before yesterday with his SD2200v2, putting him also just over an ounce of gold. He has a tad more than me and Chris has 1.25 oz with his SDC 2300 so I am low man on the totem pole at the moment. Chris has had a very good trip with good gold and decent weather. Only clouds and showers while he has been here, no major rain events. Today is his last day before we ship him back south tomorrow so off we go one last time to see if he can find some more gold.

Note: took me all day to get the post to take. Chris got 10 more small nuggets with the SDC 2300 hunting bedrock and Tom a couple also. I again chased big gold in the piles for zip. Perfect end of trip for Chris and off to Fairbanks we go tomorrow morning to ship him home.

image.jpg

• Like 1

I am in the Fairbanks airport now with bags checked through to Reno. It was a great trip and very interesting to see the American side of the Yukon / 40 mile gold region. Always fun to see some different gold geology. I got to meet new folks, see moose and a bear and get some good gold. Thanks for the hospitality, Steve. I am hoping that I left some luck behind for you in Chicken. I will be posting photos and some more comments when I get home and have a better internet connection.