What To Do With Wallet, Keys, Etc. While Out Detecting In The Water?

2 hours ago, AU_Solitude said:

That is pretty slick. 👍

It also has a hitch cover that makes it look no different than the standard hitch. Very cool product.

But don’t ask me about the time when I totally forgot my keys were in it because I locked myself out of the house then climbed over the fence! Lol!

11 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Does it lock to the mount too?

Yes it does. Bullet proof IMHO.

• Like 1

I use a small dry bag that when rolled up is small enough to buckle to my belt. I wear it on my back vs. front side so it does not get in the way. I have never had a problem with it leaking or coming off. I keep keys, wallet, and phone inside.

I use a floating dry bag when water detecting or snorkeling, it holds my electronics, wallet, shoes and glasses, it has two air bladders and works like a charm, tethered to my belt, if snorkeling I use a longer tether.

image.jpg

• Like 2

where do you get the small dry bag? Does it go on a rope around your neck or a carabiner to your belt ,or what?

2 hours ago, tvanwho said:

where do you get the small dry bag? Does it go on a rope around your neck or a carabiner to your belt ,or what?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coleman-Small-Dry-Gear-Bag-2000014518/307580814 

Mine is similar. I just roll the top down and clip the two ends around my belt and let it hang down on my butt. You could use something else to clip it on as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By bearthomas
      I have been using a Garrwtr 350 but have come up something I dont understand. I get a signal and a a depth of 6 to 8 in. there times i have dug a hole 10 in deep and the machine is still telling me something is there at 6 to 8 in dead cent in a 10.in hole!  I have re swung and did both pinpoint techniques with the center of the hole still where it is. if there is nothing but air at 6 to 8 in, what is the machine telling me?
    • By Lunk
      Sage advice for nugget shooters from the late, great Jim Straight! I always get excited when I come across the old drywasher tailing piles (dryblower heaps) of long abandoned mining claims in the desert. The efficiency of gold recovery using this dry separation method depends on many factors, including the moisture content of the material, its degree of consolidation, the angle of the riffle box and amount of air flow and vibration. Even if all of these conditions are optimal, recovery is never 100% and some gold inevitably ends up in the tailing piles. So, slow and methodical searching of these areas with the gold detector most always guarantees a few bits being added to the poke. Depending on when these placers were mined, the tailings can be hard to recognize, so carefully observing your surroundings while out in the field for these tell-tale clues to productive areas can really pay off.

While the coarse tailings have been detected for large nuggets long ago in most instances, the fine piles were left unchecked and can still contain numerous sub-gram nuggets for the keen detector operator. But that's only half of the fun, because searching the virgin ground surrounding these old workings can yield more and larger nuggets, and maybe even an undiscovered nugget patch.
      Some sub-gram gold recovered from the tailings:

• By Gerry in Idaho
      When going on a hunt do you take 2 different gold detectors or stick just to the big guns?
      This last season with Covid and all, I was more fortunate to be out in the field.  On one of my trips to Oregon a Staff Member and I were eager to swing our GPZ's over some ground that held gold.  After about 2 hours of digging iron bits and old lead bullets, I decided the extra depth of the 7000 (overkill) was not proficient for this sites and hiked back to the truck to get the NOX... and what a smart decision it was.
      Lighter, faster, better target ID (I like the way it - NOX talks to me) and when I hiked back down the hill to the exact same piece of ground my ZED was having issues, the 1st target I dug was gold.
      Knowing capabilities of my detectors and when to make change is very important.  But as I meet so many folks that want to be nugget hunters, I see a good % of them are only taking 1 detector for a trip.  I realize if you have a Big Gun then maybe some of you feel it's best for all gold and or hunts and the little VLF types have no use.  Most folks (not all) started out with VLF technology detectors and then evolve to a PI or ZED, but do you keep the VLF at home?  Why do so many people I run into in the field only have 1 unit with them?
      This pretty yellow piece is probably the last nugget found in Oregon with my EQ800 and I'm most certain it would not be in my collection if I only had the 7000 on that trip.  Knowing when to make a change is very important and sometimes rewarding.
      Are you a 1 and done hunter or prefer to take #2 as a back up to the plan.

• By Jim in ma
      I went to my local fresh water beach witch I have been to countless times.
      I got a very strong hit on my TDI BH gb off, I chased and came up with a 3 1/2 inch hair pin.
      A few feet away I got the same hit I pinpointed it took 1 shallow scoop it was still there I took a deeper 2nd scoop deeper than I thought
      the target was, still there and centered in the hole with the X on it. If this was a surface coin I would have got it.
      I have a good hunch that this another hair pin, so I took a shallow scoop to the left of my hole and there it was a large hair pin lying there.
      The pin was 6 to 8 inches off to the side of where I was pinpointing it. I have been detecting since the late 70s so not new at it.
              Y     do long narrow targets detect off to the side not on top of them ???

• By GotAU?
      We’re heading over to the Hauser beds (near Blythe, CA)  this week (11/25/20), has anyone been there recently? Any suggestions on good locations? 😁 I’ll post a collecting trip report with recommendations when we return. Thanks!
    • By Jason China
      I bought a Nokta Makro Pulse Dive, but I won't snorkel, I need to buy goggles and snorkel, what else? I have no experience, but I am willing to work hard to learn, only by using Pulse Dive can I avoid crowds, and that is, what kind of bag to use in the water to reduce drag to collect!