Sign in to follow this  
SittingElf

Sometimes, Little Things Can Totally Brighten Your Day!

Big Brown Truck made my day yesterday.  Much earlier than expected delivery from my dealer!

Silly how some little things can make what was a trying day turn into dancing in the living room!  😆

Going out this afternoon to deflower the coil!

Woohoo...! 

IMG_7132.JPG

• Like 5

I love the larger coil. Feels fairly lightweight. Good luck with it!

Happy dancing is what one would expect from an elf...

I said I would not but I might have to get a big coil...

good luck

fred

• Like 1

Fred since I have put on the big coil, I have not even thought about taking it off. It works.

I might go back to the stock coil if I was gold detecting, but for everything else, the 15" coil is excellent.

fwiw...

• Like 1

thanks, Flak

your opinion could make me a buyer rather than a thinker.

Flakmagnet is right, the big coil has barely left my Nox since I got it other than when I go prospecting although it's not too shabby on small gold either, not too far behind the 11" which again isn't too far behind the 6"

For nostalgia's sake I put the 11" back on my Nox yesterday and went for a walk to the river behind my house before the heat of the day kicked in with some morning fog and went for a hunt in an area where finds are very few and far between, a very unpopulated area along the riverside and pulled up a very old NZ penny, it's in too bad condition to make out it's date but I was very surprised to find a coin here as so rarely do people go here that the chances of losing one are so slim.  I can only guess it was a fly fisherman lost it long before I was born.

IMG_20190321_105536.thumb.jpg.23b7bc938577bb647a37f453128b7002.jpgIMG_20190321_105458.thumb.jpg.1c4fc7b8a2db190eb96317ec165c5381.jpgIMG_20190321_105504.jpg.e5343d5859718b213382851512135aa1.jpgIMG_20190321_105542.jpg.5369f3b77e3ae4d9dbc16c1d662089b2.jpg

I am certain you'll love your coil and hope my pictures inspire you go out and get some great finds with it to break it in 🙂

• Like 3

Take it to the beach and scoop up a nice 1/3 oz gold ring.  We can dream right..  Have fun with it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Deep1
      Just received Nox #3.
      The first two were bad out of box.
      The first thing I noticed about both of them, when I noise cancel, I had to press detect button 2 twice to return to detect screen at times.
      This didn't happen all the time, but often.
      I noise cancel and  press detect 1 time and hear beep, but screen remains in noise cancel until button is pressed again.
      If in NC and 1 press doesn't return to detect screen, I can NC and 1 press a few times and then the detect screen will return after a NC and 1 press.
      Pulled Nox #3 out of box, connected coil, turned it on, did NC, pressed detect button, screen froze, tried again, same thing 2 or 3 times.
      Turned off, turned on, same thing.
      Went to video the problem and it worked like it should 4 or 5 times, before a screen freeze.
      Does anybody have this issue?
      Do you have to press detect button 2 times to return to detect screen?

• By Steve Herschbach
      Is there anyone that for any reason still prefers the older version 1.5.0 software over the newer 1.7.5? If so, why? Just curious.
      Equinox - How To Check Version Or Rollback To Older Version
    • By Dave.H
      Some folks here may find this interesting, I certainly did!
      Testing my equinox 800 in my home test garden today, ground not high on mineralisation, but full of iron, old rusty nails etc.
      Had a silver UK sixpence 1930's buried only about 4/5 inches deep iron nails below and all around. (Difficult target)
      Imagine a clock face, I'm sweeping from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock , good 2 way tone, no problem, now sweeping from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock, 1 way signal, one tone only sweeping from left to right (from 3 o'clock back to 9 o'clock)
      Here's the interesting discovery reference ground balance, on my test garden there's so much iron getting a true GB is impossible, when I do try to auto GB it jumps up to the high 90's! However most of my permissions here in the UK read a GB in the mid 40's to the mid 50's so generally that's where I leave my GB most of the time.
      Ok GB set at 50, one way target from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock, sweeping from 3 back to 9 gives me a one way tone.
      Increasing the GB to 90 gave the opposite, still a one way tone, but in reverse ,now sweeping from 9 back to 3,, still a good 2 way tone sweeping from 12 to 6!
      Lowering the GB to 75, amazing, perfect 2 way tone, 3 to 9,, and 9 to 3.
      Just thought I would share this as I found the results very interesting!
      (GB set at 0 gave no tone whatsoever from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock)
      Program used field 2 , 50 tones, multi, discrimination -9/+1, iron bias 1, stock 11" coil, sensitivity (tried 17/21 not a great deal of difference)
      Regards Dave. H

• By calabash digger
      Testing the program on numerous targets..

• By calabash digger
      Testing out the Jones beach Land program...

• By Sting Ray
      I have recently been using my Equinox 800 for saltwater hunting.  The obvious settings, Beach 2,  Iron off.  Since I am forced to a slower swing, I drop recovery speed to about 2-3 (4-5 on beach).   
      I am forced to drop the sensitivity to 15 or below.   I have noticed the waves will cause signals and dips in the sand too.   This has become frustrating as I use a CTX-3030 and do not get nearly the false signals.   Any suggestions to try?