Been getting into the water more then I have in past years...I'm enjoying this type of hunting. Been hitting two spots...One is just a secluded swimming hole not effected by big currents and waves...easy peaceful detecting with no competition that I know of...little bit of trash here and there...the spot is maybe 40 yards wide by 40 yards deep...you can get up to your chest here if you like.  The other spot is the opposite...A lot of people visit this spot as it's an actual beach on the delta....it can have a fast moving tide, gets lots of wind, big currents and waves...chest deep is too dangerous at times...theres no competition here as well but the the kicker is there are 12 bazillion bottle caps and pennies in all states of decay. It's tough hunting with the Nox at this spot...The small swimming hole I've officially declared hunted out and most likely wont be going back...No great finds to report...the small earring is 14k..the rings in the second Pic are junk (but gets the ole heart pumping anyways) the women's solitaire ring ..got me all excited till I got home and could see that it was 10K and the rock is a CZ... The wife even turned it down :biggrin:  Beats working any day...Happy hunting to you all..

strick

20190825_100554.jpg

20190825_100743.jpg

20190829_120404.jpg

20190829_120414.jpg

20190829_173345(0).jpg

Maybe that rough surf sucked the competition out to sea? I hit a tidal river up this way and the current is so strong in a rip you lose your footing just ankle deep! You might have to play the tide charts there to get out a bit more.

Nice finds!

Thanks fellas... Kac I need to hit the Beach this winter after a storm serious beach erosion and washes away all the bottle caps leaving the heavy stuff... heading out tomorrow  to an island...have not been out in my boat for a long time..will report back 

strick

4 hours ago, strick said:

Thanks fellas... Kac I need to hit the Beach this winter after a storm serious beach erosion and washes away all the bottle caps leaving the heavy stuff... heading out tomorrow  to an island...have not been out in my boat for a long time..will report back 

strick

Smooth sailing, good luck on the island.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:16 PM, strick said:

The wife even turned it down :biggrin: 

Now that's the ultimate jewelry discriminator!