New Carbon Shaft From Steveg Arrived!

Bash

A few weeks ago, I started conversing with Steveg (www.stevesdetectorrods.com) about building me a complete carbon fiber shaft replacement with counterweight attachment for my Equinox 800.  Well it arrived today, and I thought I would share my impressions.

First of all, let me say that the entire process of ordering a shaft from Steve was absolutely wonderful!  Extremely thoughtful, articulate, and maybe most importantly, timely communications. From the very first email, I felt I was valued as a customer, and that Steve truly cared not only about me, but about the product he produces as well.

The shaft arrived today via priority mail, and was very well packaged. I ordered the bright blue option because, hey, I like blue! The material is stunning, and the workmanship on the shaft is impeccable. Fit and finish are gorgeous.

The Equinox weight before disassembly came in at 1354 grams with the stock shaft and stock coil. The stock shaft components on their own weigh 295 grams, while the new carbon fiber shaft weighs 225 grams without the counterbalance. Final weight of the detector with the new shaft sans counterbalance is 1284 grams, for a 70 gram weight reduction.

Assembling the Equinox components onto the new shaft was a piece of cake. All the hole locations for mounting the components were perfectly aligned and properly sized, and the cam-lock hardware works flawlessly.

The 70 gram difference is very noticeable when swinging the detector, but it really starts to shine when you add the counterbalance attachment. With the stock coil, swinging becomes almost effortless and the balance is such that the coil feels weightless. It really is quite amazing! My shoulder and neck are already thanking me.😍   And there is no wobble or flex in the shaft at all.

If you are looking for an upgrade to your Equinox, I can't recommend this enough! And doing business with Steve is truly a joy. My only regret is I don't have another detector to upgrade! When I do, I'll be giving Steve a call!

Bash says, run, don't walk, to your computer or phone, and order one for yourself! You won't regret it!

CameraZOOM-20200615114746290.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200615123624980.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200615123747553.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200615123803864.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200615150513498.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200615150534840.jpg

Bash --

WOW!  THANK YOU for the wonderful review!  I am so glad you are pleased with the shaft, and I enjoyed working with you to try and provide you with exactly what you were looking for!  Working with you was quite enjoyable, and so the feeling is mutual!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts!  

Happy hunting!

Steve

Sharp looking rig!

Both Steve's are just your "go-to" kind of guys!  We highly appreciate their dedication, and attention to detail!🏆

👍👍

👍  You'll be even happier with Steve's rod once you get your first opportunity to detect with it for hours on end!  Looks great.

2 hours ago, AlbyM said:

Thanks for the review! Just ordered my custom rods from Steve this past weekend. Can't wait to see them!

I'm sure you will be as impressed as I am! I can't wait to get out for a full session with it.

Right on i bet your full session lasts all day with that new set up, happy swinging!

Thank you all, for the kind words!  I really appreciate it!

Steve

Got a full day's swing in today. What a joy!  No silver, but lot's of clad. And my shoulder feels great!  Well, it feels great for a 63 year old shoulder... Lol!