Gold Is Out There - AQ In Hand Or Not

OK, Been in Oregon bout three years now.  First two years were spent on getting my house in order and new additional garage built.  Then came the Nox, waited on a list for months.  Kept myself busy with my old X-Terra 705 until the Nox arrived but did not go out as much as I should have.  Waiting for a new toy to arrive is not the thing to do, you lose your edge for hunting.  Fast forward now to the waiting list for the AQ limited.  This one is also driving me nuts.  I watch the email daily hoping it's coming soon and follow this website for AQ tidbits.  It's like the Nox all over again.  I haven't gone hunting with my trusted Tesoro Sandshark P.I.for two years now and that's just not acceptable.  Well today I jotted down a couple of pocket beaches I spotted driving up the coast a few months ago and decided to hit them at low tide.

The first one I hunted with the Sandshark just at the waters edge where the water riverlets started to separate the mud.  This is where most of the coins settled out.  At high tide it's about three feet deep here.  No gold but good to hear those crisp coin tones and the sinker was about another 12" deep.  Decided to do the last beach with the Nox.  Went down the steps, out about fifteen feet to a used fire pit/burnt area.  First signal was a solid 12.  The ring couldn't have been there very long because it wasn't more than three inches deep in soft sand.  Nice 2.9 gram, not marked but acid tested 10K gold.  Fake diamonds with pearlescent type stones.  The gold is there, I just have to keep telling myself the will is there and get off my butt and quit watching my email.  What will happen will happen for a reason.  Persistence has always put gold and silver in the bag.  This was a good day!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

1705155571_waterrivlet.thumb.jpg.b76067a537cefd62bb1dc2c7a2245375.jpg

847676291_waldportcoins.thumb.jpg.f1cbe06fa2ad9a103d4b78b3c772d0a8.jpg

yachats ring.jpg

Sweet swingggggggg ...

You don't need depth on many locations.

Mitchel

Awesome ring!