Two Gold From The Chesapeake Bay

Your sites are amazing Joe. You seem to get gold most outings. Is it lack of competition, or were there just huge numbers of people over large areas? I’ve never thought of Chesapeake Bay as swimming country, but obviously I’m wrong on that.

All the places I hunt are open to everyone else but I am wiser then them, I guess?  I know when to go, where to go..(the area), I know what to look for when I get there, I know my Excalibur very well, I have the right equipment for the job and I know how to get into beach's that are tough to get to..Then when I have wore those places down I have a boat I can take out to get to even more spots. So really it's a combination of experience, research and ..... Location.......And now that I have the "AQ" it adds more diversity to my hunting.

The bottom line, I am Very Blessed...

That being said my friend MikeGuard who just joined here is my double. I would say either of us are capable of getting 50 gold rings a year while are closes competition may average 6 a Year.. if that. As far as the number of water hunters (competition)...I would say less then most places. My guess around 50 .. where as a place Jacksonville Florida may have 100's.

As far as the area, Chesapeake Bay, Most of the spots I hunt have been closed since the late 60's...It was once the spot to swim...

bayshore.jpg

The picture about says it all. Yours skills and determination are finding the gold, but it has to be there in the first place to find it. The water temps there get a lot higher than I had imagined, and it looks like that means swimming was very popular there back in the day.

11 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

...Really it's a combination of experience, research and ..... Location...

Sounds so simple.  But I know it's just the opposite.

Keep teasing us with photos of your finds, though.  Continue to make it look easy in your videos.  Then we can all dream....

Awesome finds 

I have always with few exceptions found seated,  bust and Reales....

the Reales always fair better cause of the higher Silver content...

Hoping always that your days may be like capatian Drake or was it Morgan 

you got so much booty you got to dump the silver over side....

“Aim High look for more than you can Carry “

Happy Trails

jimpugh