Late To The Party But Better Late Than Never

I went out for a detect last night after dealing with some plumbing problems.  That put me on the beach on a cut later than I wanted to be there.  The cut was by far the biggest of the season.  I started out in the normal fashion but every day on the beach is different.  You can go to the same beach every day and expect different results.

Before I got to any spot last night I noticed a couple of detectorists had been there first.  They were coming back as I was going out.  They must have had an epic night because there were dig holes all over the place.  This was one of those events that by myself I could never have detected in one night.  Who knows how far I would have gotten but I had to keep on detecting around and between the dig holes.  The tide had gone out since it was detected so there was a reason to keep going to my spots.

I'd never seen this stretch of beach so thoroughly detected.  I was getting just a target here and there but these are good detectorists and they weren't leaving many quarters or anything.  That was until I got to one patch where dig holes were on top of dig holes.  I should have gone out sooner but once again I might not have made it this far.  They must have had hearing fatigue because I heard a target or two amongst the holes.  I dug a black ring.  Whew ... something anyway.

About 5 feet away I got another scratchy signal mixed with a 13.  I'm standing in holes and digging a hole when I look down in the scoop and see another ring.  This one had the chance of being 'real' so I was rewarded for seeing 200 or 300 dig holes.  I couldn't read it so I had to just look at it and the stone in it.  

Who knows how many of those dig holes in this little 20x20 patch had been rings before I got there.  I estimate a few.  I had to look for more misses because I was at the end of the beach.  I worked and worked and found one other cheap little ring on my way back.  I got to the beach late.  I was the second shift.  I still got a goodie.  

The ring is stamped 14k, MMG, 3g and the diamond tests real and is about 6mm.

IMG_8799.thumb.JPG.fbd940fce9c532c30a46af51f58c01bc.JPGIMG_8800.thumb.JPG.42e4ce50bc7982e3f92b5f21c8ae62d2.JPGIMG_8801.thumb.JPG.ab0122575353417018a686829f0bfcca.JPGIMG_8803.thumb.JPG.3a1edea9ed46c563acaff4b0bbe9f8b8.JPGIMG_8793.thumb.JPG.286f8dab112ca22b6f417456317ae061.JPGIMG_8794.thumb.JPG.bb3c35a4c4a9088fc3202eca40b509f2.JPGIMG_8796.thumb.JPG.dfcc4a38737f1d7564fbeb75c315c1a0.JPG

Wow, that is a beauty Mitchel- congrats!

Nice Save ....! 
See it pays to be ....the Pied Piper of the Beach ....

Had my Grids jumped so many times do not even miss a beat anymore 

the minute you loose focus they got ya...

Focus be the Best there has ever been

Happy Trails 

jimpugh

I forgot to add that on the way back I saw a falling star just after I had made a wish that the ring was real!  The meteor was to the north and made it to the mountains on the horizon.  Is there a meteor shower now?

32 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Is there a meteor shower now?

No, but random meteors (meaning not part of a shower) occur constantly.  When I lived in a darker location I would sit out (around 11:00 PM) on clear nights and not go inside until I had seen 6.  Typically took me about 30 minutes to find that many.  I'm guessing you're suffering much worse light polution there in SoCal, though.  Sounds like you saw a pretty bright one.  However, even those rarely leave any meteorites for our detectors.

Sounds like it was a multi-hit night afterall.  😁

Just out of curiosity, after your "jumper" the other day!

Had you gotten there earlier, would you have just trailed these two from a respectable distance, or what is your move, when dealing with multiple others? I haven't had to deal with this very often! 

WTG Mitchel. Maybe they just removed the junk for you. Congratulations on a fine ring with ice.

HH

Mike

That sure is an excellent find!

Beautiful diamond for sure.

Congrats!