Beautiful day today. Didn't get out until 10, but by then it was already warm, about 47. It was 25 when I first got up.

Headed out to the old farmhouse site to run a couple of passes I felt I could have done better, surprised a large Coyote hunting at the woods edge. Coyotes migrated to this area in the last 5 years or so, this one has wiped out all of the foxes and many of the rabbits around my house. I get photos of him now and again on my deer cameras. Today he was stalking a groundhog that I saw go in the woods where he was a day before.

All I found at the old site was a cutlery handle like one I found not too far from it previously. This one says "Sterling 925" on it, well maybe the plating was 😀

Last night I set up a new plot for another farmhouse in Tect-O-Trak using some historic aerials I found. Went there and saw brick and heard lots of iron so I knew I found the house. The well was filled in but not a great job. I have fallen in a well before, not something I would wish on anyone.

Shown in the photo: The cutlery handle, a large adjusting wheel of some sort (at first I thought I found another KG Copper😵), another very heavy piece of cutlery with an odd tab.

Belt buckle might be animal tack, it's heavy but still managed to get twisted. Four Wheat Pennies from 1913 to 1944. Two buttons, one seems to be aluminum, the other is the front of a two piece. I can't make out the design so below is a close up if anyone recognizes it. Toy wheel, and my most stunning find of the day, a .58 caliber Gardner ball, dropped not fired. I'm surprised to have found one in such great condition and even more surprised to find one at all. 🤔

Tomorrow I'm going back to grid search.

20210308_192508.jpg

20210308_192611.jpg

Good hunting again, happy hunting those  old sites. I try to find the old churches or old cemeteries as they had churches right next door. The older the better.

20 hours ago, Scarfoot said:

That Gardner is telling of the sites possibilities, Those Rebs didn't drop alot of bullets, I'd be beating it up looking for buttons!

I am, believe me. Only found three that are early 1860s. There wasn't much war here except for 1812, but many of the residents have veterans in their families.